Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Count your blessings, not your worries"

"Count your blessings, not your worries." That is the theme of the last couple of weeks for me and Michael. Well mostly me. Michael found this saying on the back of a Dove wrapper and it just seemed perfect for what was going on. I have been so focused on all of the things that there are to worry about when it came to Noelle that I didn't stop to think about all of the blessings. There have been so many:

1. She is a healthy baby and came out healthy.
2. Her lungs are strong.
3. She is awake and alert when we are there.
4. Her eye test was great.
5. Her brain x-ray was great.
6. She is responsive and has a good/beautiful cry.
7. She is ours!
I could go on and on. I have so much to be grateful for and I really can't focus on the things that there are to worry about.

As of Tuesday night Noelle weighed 3 lbs 12 oz. Yay! Our little girl is growing :). I know that doesn't sound like a lot but it is compared to the 2 lbs 15 oz she was when she was born. She has been moved to a different room. They call the room she is in now the "feeder and grower" room because nothing is wrong other than they need to learn how to eat and need to grow more. Right now she is in a little enclosed bed called an isolette. This is to help her to maintain her own body temperature so that she can grow more. I was able to help the nurse give her a bath the other night. I loved doing this. Noelle loved being in that warm water and almost seemed liked she had a smile on her face the whole time. She is moving tons and we get to dress her in her tiny, cute preemie clothes. Michael loves being with her and holding her. He is so confident at picking her up and changing her diaper, I am amazed. He's definitely more confident than I am. He loves being her dad and she already has him wrapped around her little finger. He has had a cold the last couple of days and hasn't been able to see her. This has made him so sad. Soon he'll get to go back and hopefully I don't get sick. Michael has been my anchor and my everything through this. I am amazed at the faith and strength that he has. He has been my shoulder to cry on and has comforted me more than he will ever know. I love him so much. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father to have him and to have a beautiful daughter.

No comments: