The last few months have been really busy it seems. I haven't been as persistent in raising money for my March for Babies walk as I have been in the past. But that doesn't mean that I feel any less strong about the cause. My walk is next Saturday, May 5th and this year we are so excited to take Mikey along with us. This means a lot to our family and we love that this has become an annual tradition. I am still in need of donations (wink, wink) because I'm still far away from my goal. A little goes a long way! Whether or not we get many donations we will keep trying every year and we will keep walking because it is a cause that we believe in and that made a HUGE impact in our lives. To donate to my team please go here ! If you want to find out more of what the March of Dimes, March for babies does go here.
Thank you everyone for supporting us and for your donations!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
I read this tag thing on a friends blog a little while ago and I've been wanting to do it myself. I thought it sounded fun and interesting.
Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
1. I feel I am pretty patient with certain things and I don't need to have everything a certain way. But the biggest pet peeve I have is when people do not change the toilet paper roll when all of the toilet is gone. Why would you leave an empty roll?!?!?! When I was in college I remember writing a paper about this pet peeve. My teacher found a magazine clipping with a little giraffe holding a sign that read "Changing the toilet paper, does not cause brain damage." She attached it to my paper when she gave it back. Years later I found this awesome giraffe at quilted bear and it is in my bathroom today.
2. I love taking baths. I do this anytime I have a chance and can just soak for hours. When I really get into it I will turn off the lights and have candles lit and turn on some Enya. I would rather have a nice bath in my future home than a dishwasher.
3. Love, Love, love 80's and early 90's music. Brings back a lot of random and fun memories of my childhood and high school.
4.I really enjoy end of the world movies. And I really can't get enough of them. I don't know why. It's a little twisted I know.
5.One of my top three food downfalls is cereal. Mmmmmmm! I've been known to have cereal for dinner several nights in a row. And it is my downfall late at night.
6. I love to go out on walks and I love to be out and doing things. Maybe that is due to being in an apartment for a few years but anytime I can get out I do. I will even wake up at 5:30am (and my kids) to take Michael to work, just to have the car for the day.
7. I would wear flip flops the whole year if I could. I don't even care that my feet get filthy from wearing them all summer long.
8. I've been know to say "sorry" a lot. I don't like this one at all. And I'm constantly working on it.
9. I watch Harry Potter with my 3 year old daughter on a weekly basis and she will sit through the whole thing. Her favorite character is Hagrid.
10. I have an obsession with Jurassic Park. I L-O-V-E love the show. For my birthday a couple years ago Michael got me all three movies. So romantic. But let me be clear the first movie is my favorite.
11. I have struggled my whole life with confidence, my insecurities and self-esteem. But the one thing in my life that I confident in is that I am a good mother. Don't get me wrong, I have A LOT to work on, but Heavenly Father has just given me this little gift of knowing that what I am doing as a mother is good and that he is happy with me in that area of my life.
1. Looking back, what time period or experience made you want to be better?
When my friend Jamie passed away, when my brother Eric passed away, and when Noelle was in the nicu. They all made me want to be better in different ways.
2. If you had to choose a food to live on for the rest of your life....what would it be?
cereal and Dr. Pepper
3. 5 things you know you couldn't survive without!
(I have to copy my friend on this one, sorry)
1. my husband
2. my kids
3. the gospel
4. You're best trait? I know it isn't easy to admit. But it's good for you!
I'm a good listener and empathetic.
5. If family or occupation were not a factor....where would you live if given the choice?
Near an ocean
6. What stood out to you very first about your husband that made you pick him? And if you are not married what is the most important quality you want to find in our future husband?
Michael didn't care about anything materialistic and he is very unselfish and loves the gospel.
7. Favorite animal?
8. If given free time to yourself what would you do?
watch a movie or sleep
9. Role model?
My mom and dad are my heroes.
10. Would you rather be a tribute in the Hunger Games or know that you would have to defeat Voldemort on your own? And explain.... (hopefully you have read or are familiar with each)
defeat Voldemort. I could bring myself to killing someone as nasty and horrible as Voldemort but no way would I be able to kill like they do in the Hunger Games.
11. Greatest passion in life?
My Family!! :)
Same as the previous 11 that I answered.
And I'm tagging anyone who wants to do it!