Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Fun

Yes, I know it's been a while.  I feel like we've been busy the last little while and any time I've had to relax I've taken it.  Which usually entails just relaxing and doing nothing.  Also I've been going through some personal things that I'd rather not discuss here, nothing serious, just personal.  Anyway.  I'm going to try and make this post detailed but not too detailed that it will take you a day to read. So here I go...

(WARNING: overwhelming number of pictures ahead)


I sent Noelle to time out.  Mikey followed.  I'm an awesome mom.
We did the March of Dimes, March for Babies walk in May.  It was super cold that day, that's why Noelle is all bundled up here.  We love this tradition and hope to continue it every year.


"Damin" and Aly joined us on our walk this year.
And Michael was a good sport and went down the slide with Noelle.  Rapunzel was there but unfortunately we didn't get a picture with her.

We took a trip to Wheeler Farm.  We love this place because it's free and it's fun.  Especially when it's not super hot.  The animals are much more fun when it's a little cooler.  Noelle has the cheesiest grins :).
And Mikey (like always) is just smiling and content with life :).

Noelle really liked feeding this horse.  Even though we really weren't allowed to do it.
Because it's been so hot out our walks have been way shorter.  Like around the corner, to Maverick and back to the field/park area.  Where we often draw with chalk and blow bubbles.  Noelle calls it "chalking."  My clever girl.
And of course, you can't forget about Mikey.  He tries, but mostly he just puts the chalk in his mouth for now.
Then we took a trip to the zoo.  And this year we decided to get a year pass.  It's been fun using it.  Mikey was rather interested in this rhino.  Although I don't have a picture of it, Noelle is obsessed with the bird show.  Probably from her love of the movie "Rio."  And I kinda like it too.
We got unusually close to this giraffe.  It was pretty awesome.
And this is a weird gorilla statue.
Can't forget about the carousel.  Noelle loves that too.
All summer long my Dad does bbqs.  This is one where we had corn on the cob and Mikey could not put it down.  This kid is an eater, except when he isn't feeling well.
We've had to come up with different things to do inside when it gets too hot outside.  And seeing as we don't have a second car we have to do it all inside our little apartment.  Noelle loves painting with water colors.  She likes making rainbows and trees.

And of course we play dress-up.  Above we have "Chef Noelle" and below we have a "fairy godmother" says Noelle :).


And of course Noelle had to dress up her little brother.  Above is "Prince Mikey."
When we do go outside and take a walk we usually are pooped when we get back.  Which means Noelle usually falls asleep on the couch.  She doesn't take naps anymore so this is a rare treat for me :).

And it looks like in this one Mikey isn't ready for Noelle to take a nap.

When we do need to take the car we have to wake the kids up at about 5:30am to get Michael to work by 6:00am.  This often makes for a long day for us.  Whether I have one errand or many we usually will take the car all day, only because I never get the car and I want to take full advantage.  The picture above and below are of Noelle and Mikey enjoying one of our favorite indoor spots.  A dinosaur playground at the mall.  We used to go here all the time with our friends.  Since they moved we haven't gone as much but we managed to go once and the kids loved it all over again.


My friend Alyssa invited us to go swimming with them one day.  We totally jumped on the opportunity.  First because we really really miss them and second because we love swimming.  Noelle and her friend Kardynn totally matched.  If you can't tell we like to shop together :).
When we went swimming Mikey bumped his head and cut it at the splash pad.  Poor guy.  It was so sad and kind of made for a fussy Mikey the rest of the day.

We got to do downtown and meet some of Michael's family that was in town.  We had so much fun with them and Noelle loves riding TRAX.
I had to get these pictures.  It's like Mikey is saying "mmmm I love spaghetti."

And Noelle is saying "I'm not in the mood today for spaghetti. So how many bites do I need to eat before I get down."  And she totally likes spaghetti when we've given it to her before.  She is a picky/moody/???? eater.

My most recent endeavor is trying t0 cut the boy's hair.  I figured in the long run I will save some money and learn a useful skill.  Kind of inspired by my friend Alyssa.  I don't have the after pictures but both of my Michael's hair was WAY too long.  Especially big Michael.  Mikey's was fairly easy.  Michael's was more complicated.  I hate blending.  Lucky for me he's not too picky and didn't freak out when I made the blending line too short.  whoops.

On the morning of the 4th of July we attended a devotional our stake did about the 4th and about patriotism.  It was really neat to be there and feel the spirit.  Afterward we ate a free breakfast.  Later we hung out at my parent's house.  We went a few hours before the bbq started so the kids could play in the swimming pool.  They really liked it.  Noelle loves water but has always been a little nervous.  Less nervous this year though.  But Mikey seems to have no fear.  He would just dive in the water and even went under a little with no complaining.  It's so funny how different they can be at times.  We forgot a swim diaper for Mikey so as you know his diaper swelled to the size of a blimp.
My happy, handsome little man :)
Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures of fireworks.  Noelle was excited, apprehensive, anxious, happy, scared about the fireworks.  My dad got some really good ones and it seems those were the ones she was more anxious about.  She loved the "poppers" and sparklers however.  Mikey was really tired and was half asleep during the production.  This is what he looked like throughout the fireworks. 
Noelle is always trying to hold her little brother.  Even though he really is just about her size.  Mikey takes it well and usually tackles her right over.  I just love these two and am having so much fun with them.  They truly do light up my life and I'm so grateful to be their mommy.


1 comment:

Nina said...

So cute, miss them so much, wish I could squish them with big huge hugs!