Monday, August 6, 2012

Birthday Boy!!

On July 25th my little guy turned 1!  Can you believe it?  I certainly can't.  This last year has gone way too fast.  I remember so clearly the day he was born.  Wow, has he come a long way since then.  He has been such a joy in our lives.  He is constantly smiling and making everyone around him smile also.  The doctor's appointment was a little over a week after his birthday, so that's why I waited to do this post until then.  Here's the doc. appointment info:

Weight: 25lbs 3 oz - 75%
Height: 32 inches - 97%
Head: 95%

He is such a big boy and apparently very tall as well.  I was looking back at some old posts and I realized Noelle was 25lbs at 2 yrs.  Crazy!  These two siblings sure look alike but they are built differently.  However they both are tall.  The doctor is always calling him such a "sturdy boy."  I think it is so funny.  Here are some fun things about Mikey right now:

*He tackles all little kids and babies that he meets.  The poor babies just topple right over and usually cry.  What's funny is Mikey totally does this out of love and a way to say I'm happy to see you.  He's tackling Noelle all the time and she loves it too!
*He gives the best hugs and kisses.  In the mornings or if it's been a while since I've seen him he just gives me the sweetest hug that lasts forever.  Oh I just love it.  He is always giving Noelle hugs and kisses and she does the same.  These two sure love each other.
*When he crawls he puts his head down like a little bulldozer and often runs into things.  But he doesn't mind and he sure gets attention when he does it.
*When he meets someone new or sometimes for no reason he smiles and puts his head down like he is being bashful.  It just melts my heart.
*He crawls super fast and is also walking.  He is still a bit unsteady but he seems to enjoy it and is so proud of himself!  Sometimes when he is walking and wants to get somewhere faster he'll just dive right into the ground.
*He sleeps with a white burp rag and loves to cuddle with it right when starting to go to sleep.
*He HATES to get dressed.  He really will cry when we're trying to undress or dress him.  Sometimes he screams and squirms and we can barely contain him he's so strong.
*He loves to dump everything out and pull things off their shelves.  Especially after we've cleaned it all up.
*He loves to spend time with me in the kitchen, playing with the magnets or emptying out all my drawers.
*He loves food.  I can't tell you his favorite cause he likes just about everything (which is pretty much the opposite of Noelle).  Except eggs for some reason
*He's had three haircuts.
*He can throw all sizes of balls.
*He plays pretty well independently and loves to explore everything.
*Starting to understand the word "no!"
*Loves to splash and climb around in the bath tub.  He also loves to be in the pool.
*He would live outside if we let him.  If one of us is leaving outside without him he gets very upset.
*Laughs a lot at his big sister :)!
*Mikey is always smiling and dancing and clapping and is so much fun!

We had a fun little birthday with him.  It was just immediate family and a few friends.  We did miss more than half the Pfeil side however and Tanner, Nina and Eric.  Wish they could've been there.  It was small but a lot of fun.  I can't believe that my little boy is 1.  We love him so much and are excited for what adventures Mikey will bring into our lives over the next year!

Enjoy the pictures!

birthday boy!

He actually seemed to get into it (a little)

yay paper!

A little distracted by all the other toys :)

my happy boy

I decorated all of the cakes that we ate.  It was really easy.  I made three chocolate cakes.  Used oreo cool whip frosting and dyed it brown.  Used crushed up oreo for dirt over all the cakes.  Found some awesome CAT construction vehicles at walmart (not edible).  Gummy worms were here and there.  And I used candy corn for the construction cones.  Those were my favorite part, not to mention the kids loved them and kept asking for more "cones."  I actually really liked how they turned out and it was like zero stress for me, which is unusual.


Mikey's very own "bulldozer" cake.  Very fitting isn't it?

He was a little hesitant at first, but happy :).


Then he got into it a little more, with some help.

What?!

And of course he had to rub his eyes with the hands all covered in cake.

And now we just let him play without his shirt on.  He's so much fun!

This present was from "Damin" Fullmer.  It's a little ball pit.  Both kids just love it and I find little, colorful balls all over the place.  Notice Noelle's very static-y hair, haha
We were at a bbq at my parent's and this is Mikey eating the famous Odriscoll dip.  He kind of liked it.

and my sweethearts hugging each other.  I'm so lucky to have these two!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Oh my, so so so cute! I don't know why, but that ball pit picture just got to us, we miss you all so much! Can't wait to see you guys again! Especially those boys together, Eric loves to tackle too, it's going to be adorable!