Sunday, March 24, 2013

A little of everything

It certainly has been a while since I wrote on our blog. I'm going to try to do better. First I will tell you a little bit that is going on with Michael and I. We were called to be nursery leaders at the end of January. We really like our calling! Compared to my last calling (compassionate service leader) it's a lot less stressful. There are 33 little kids on our roll and the last couple of weeks we've gotten about 20-23 kids attending nursery. So we're probably going to be splitting it soon. We split for lesson time, but we will probably split it for the whole thing. It's pretty chaotic in there.

Michael is working full time and going to school full time. He just finished spring break and it was so nice having him home in the evenings for a week. We did some fun things while daddy was home, one of them being going to the zoo! Tomorrow we go back to our normal schedule of having him gone for the evenings. He is really good at balancing all his many "jobs." We were able to see Michael's brother Mark the other day. He flew out here to be able to drive back with Becky to Indiana. We're sad Becky has to leave but we've had tons of fun with her since she has been here.

I have been pretty busy. Since December I have been doing this part time/temporary job. I am a "content seeder" for this new website. It's been a really fun experience and I'm grateful for the opportunity and the little extra income that it is bringing in. It's called familyshare.com. My foot has been really hurting me for a while now. Since at least last fall. I finally went in to see the podiatrist and he told me I had plantar fasciitis. The last few months it's be so painful. Especially when I wake up in the mornings and the evenings. Sometimes I could barely walk on it. But while I was at the doctor's office I was able to get a cortisone shot in my foot which has been helping a ton. So with that along with a lot of ibuprofen and some stretching this should be gone in a few months.

Now on to the kids!

We've had lots of fun together! We're so happy it's starting to get warmer out. We're pretty sick and tired of being inside. I think the kids are sick of my grumpiness that comes from not getting enough sun or fresh air. Luckily they forgive easily and we can still have fun together! Here are some fun pictures.
(This is the first time I'm adding a new post from my ipad, so sorry if I can't add caption to the photos or they are out of order)

The second to last picture is of one of my best friend's bouqets. Isn't it awesome?



























































No comments: