Thursday, October 23, 2008

2 more months to go!

Lots of updates today. Last week we had another ultra sound, just to see her progress and everything. It was the coolest thing. We even got a video! She is doing good but a little bit smaller than we were expecting. That's probably due to my high blood pressure. She's only about a week behind and the doctor isn't worried. We got to see an awesome shot of her hands on her cheeks and by her mouth. She likes to touch her face a lot. It was so cute and made us so excited!

This past weekend I felt really weird, sore, and extremely exhausted. It's almost like I could feel my blood pressure rise. On Monday when I went in for my doctors appointment my blood pressure was 152/110. Not good! So the doctor put me on bed rest :(. He is also having some other tests done on me. And he gave me some steroid shots for little Noelle's lungs so they can develop quicker, just in case she comes early. Today my blood pressure was way down (125/81) and he said it was most likely because I was off of my feet and not so stressed. Apparently I stress out a lot and that's just what my body does or how it reacts. Noelle is doing good and her heartbeat is healthy and is still moving a lot. Bed rest has been okay. Michael has been so wonderful and patient and I really don't know what I would do without him. Thank you Michael! I have a great visiting teacher who is always calling to check up on me and a great ward. My dad brought me lunch and brought us some groceries. Thank you! My mom came down yesterday and cleaned our house, did the dishes, bathroom, etc. It helped so much and I am so grateful for her. Her and my sister also brought me some books to read. If anyone has any suggestions on what books to read or other things to do, please let me know! Sometimes it gets so frustrating and discouraging not being able to do anything really for yourself. You have to rely completely on someone else. It sure has made me grateful for what I do have. I have felt a lot of mixed emotions the last couple of days and I am realizing what things really matter. My faith has gone to a completely different level and I'm learning to be humble, that's for sure. Noelle is healthy and I want to do anything I can to keep her that way. Me and Michael are to the point now that we just can't wait to hold her and look at her. It's getting so close :). Only 2 months, more or less! Thanks for everyones support and love!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

I am sorry that you are on bedrest! But I got the book exchange today in the mail, sounds fun! Call me if you get bored and I will come and visit you!

Cassie said...

Linds, sorry you are on bedrest, but honestly it will pay off! I wish I would have rested more before Hallie was born because I was shocked when I got no sleep after she was born. Let your body rest up it will need it! You know how much I love my sleep, member naps at school?! Anyway, I have been reading a ton too. Of course the Twilight series but I am sure you have read those, also I love love Eragon have you read that? There are three books in that series also! You would love it! Next I am reading the book Wicked like the broadway! I hope that helps! Thanks for the package, Hallie is wearing that outfit today and it fits her perfect! We appreciate it! Miss you and if you need anything or have any questions I am only a phone call away :)

Mara said...

Hey Lindsey, sorry to hear about the bed rest, but glad that your bp is back down. Hope things continue to improve. I have a couple book suggestions for you--have you read anything by Shannon Hale (she's great), also Maria V. Snyder has a great series out, starting with Poison Study. Terry Pratchett is great, if a little random. You're going to be a great mom! Take care.

Abby said...

I saw on your face book that you had the baby...I hope all is well and that everything goes okay...I was on bed rest and then Ryder was born at 35 weeks it was a long road but he is great. I hope that you feel well and get plenty of rest....I am thinking of you!!

Nina said...

Linz, you've been tagged!