Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our 7-pounder

We are so enjoying having Noelle home. She makes our days so exciting and happy. Even with the crazy sleep schedule. My friend/old roomie Cassie gave me advice before Noelle was born, something along the lines of: "Get as much sleep as you can now, because you won't get much when she is home. " Wow, was she right! But I love every moment I have with her, even when it's 3 am. :)

Noelle is continuing to grow a lot. She is now 7lbs 3oz, with clothes on that is and on my parents scale. So I'm sure it's a little off, but we don't care. Half of her preemie clothes are way too small and some fit perfectly. Which means in a week (if that) she won't be able to fit in them any more. She has successfully made two trips to Grandma Fullmer's house and is the center of attention when she is there. I'm sure she'll appreciate that more in the next few months. Me and her are hermits in our little Springville cottage. Before we left the NICU we were advised that we need to stay away from crowds, sick people, and children until late March, early April. (End of the RSV season) As a preemie she is a little more susceptible to germs and viruses so we're trying to follow what the doctors say as much as possible. Even though winter has just begun I'm honestly looking forward to it being over.

I have to say that I sure miss ALL of my in-laws. They are in Indiana and Texas. I wish we were closer or could visit more often. I wish Noelle could meet all of them. I just want them to know how much I love them and appreciate all they do for us.

Here are a few random/cute pictures of our little Noelle:

3 comments:

Nina said...

She has gotten so big in just one week! I can't believe it, she is so adorable! I was sad that when I read you were at mom and dad's that we couldn't come and see you guys. Once school is over I'll have to come over to your place and we'll do something fun (that is if you're not asleep :) ) to pass the time, I'll even clean while you sleep if ya want! If you want those movies back, I'd be happy to lend em to ya!

Cassie said...

wow linz, i am soo glad that everything is going great! she definitely looks like she is growing a ton! i am sure you liked my advice and hopefully you followed it as much as possible! i have only had two nights in five months where hallie slept through the night, hopefully more are coming ;) anyway noelle is beautiful and i am so glad that she is growing so well! just try and watch as many christmas movies as possible. it was -20 here today and so lately we have been hermits too! love ya

Justin, Kandice, Vince & Shelby said...

She is a sweet little girl! It must be so nice to have her home. Love you guys,
Justin and Kandice