Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and changes

I hope everyone's Christmas was good. Ours was great! We spent practically the whole week with my parents in West Jordan. It was nice to be with family for the holidays. Taylor is the only one living with my parents right now and it was great to be with them. I never thought I would say this but one of the highlights this past holiday weekend was the Wii my parents got for the family. It has been soooo much fun to play. And they have an amazing television to play it on. I even beat my husband Michael once in golf :). That felt great. Noelle got a few fun toys and a darling dress. I can't wait until she can actually play with them. She's starting to make cute baby noises. Sometimes it looks like she has so much to say! She's getting so big and the newborn clothes are fitting her perfectly now.

Me and Michael went and saw a movie while my family watched Noelle. It was weird leaving Noelle but it was great spending time with Michael. I'm so grateful for my family and how much they have done for us and have helped us with. I can't even express it. We owe them so much and I really don't know what we would do without them.

This Christmas was different because two people from our family weren't there, Eric and Alyson. Whenever Eric was around for the holidays he always had so much fun and was a blast to be around. It was hard not having him there. We miss him so much. It really made me think about the true meaning of Christmas and the sacrifice of our Savior. Without Him I wouldn't know that I will see my brother again and that families can be together forever. Nothing is even possible without him. I know Eric was there with us.

Alyson is in the MTC in Spain. We got to talk to her on Christmas for about 40 minutes. It was great to hear her voice and know that she is doing so well. It also put in to perspective what Christmas was all about. God loves all of his children and we are each important to him. This is a gospel of happiness and everything about it will make us feel joy if we let it. Alyson is doing great and will go in to the mission field really soon.

One last thing... We are moving to Ogden, Utah this Saturday! Michael will be starting school at Weber State on Jan. 5th where he will finish a bachelor degree in German (commercial emphasis) and a minor in Criminal Justice. We are so excited for this change in our lives and know it is what we are suppose to do. We've known for a while that we are suppose to go up there we just haven't worked out all the details. It seemed that everything got put on hold when Noelle was born. Everything has just recently fell in to place and so now we are rushing to get everything ready. I am very excited for our new little apartment because it now has two bedrooms and counter space in the kitchen. (I know it seems like something silly to be excited about but our little cottage right now is tiny! And there is no counter space whatsoever.)

We love you all and hope you have a very Happy New Year!
(Pictures to come)

No comments: