Friday, January 16, 2009

Results

I love our new apartment! It's such a difference compared with our old one. We had some not so good leaking/mold problems that I don't even want to go in to. We're in a basement apartment and the family is so great. They have three little boys, who we do hear running around upstairs but it doesn't bug us. After all we do have a baby who likes to cry (very loud) once in a while. Everything is new and I love the kitchen. I actually enjoy cleaning it and doing the dishes. Who would've thought? This has definitely given me some ideas with what I want for our own house one day.

Well, Noelle is doing good. She's getting bigger every day and is staying awake more. She has actually almost grown out of the newborn clothes, I can't even believe it. Sometimes I can't even believe that she was so much smaller than she is now. Noelle's doctor wanted to do a trial without her oxygen. I was so excited! "My baby finally gets to have the oxygen cannula taken off!" I can't even tell you how this made me feel. (These pictures are of her right after we took the cannula out of her nose) Well the trial was for about 12 hours. She got to have this little monitor on her foot that tested her blood oxygen level. She LOVED having the cannula off. We were so excited to get the results because we were POSITIVE that they would be good and we could celebrate not having to wheel around her oxygen tank around the house and to grandma's. Well the nurse called and gave me the OPPOSITE news that I wanted to hear. (of course) For the most part her oxygen stayed at a great level, but it seemed that when she slept it would go down. This happened more than just a couple times and so the doctor wants to keep her on oxygen for the next two months, and then after that we will do another trial to see where she is at. Of course I want the best for my little daughter, but after hearing the news I just cried. I loved seeing my happy baby with it off. You could tell the difference it made. But I will continue to be patient. At least she is healthy and home with us.














Lately I have been a little down. So many things that we were hoping to work out just haven't and I just feel lost. When it rains it pours, right? I'm really trying to be positive and optimistic. A very good friend of mine just recently told me something that a member of the seventy (i think) told her: Our faith today isn't sufficient for tomorrow, we must help it to grow EVERY day. (sorry if I totally butchered that and if it doesn't make sense). So for now, I'm just going to trust that things will work out the way Heavenly Father said it will. I know He keeps his promises and I trust Him, I just need to increase my faith.














Noelle actually holding her little bottle. -She doesn't really know that she is holding it :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

wow linz I don't quite know what to say to you, besides the fact that you are my HERO and the biggest example to me of faith. It might seem like you are down but to others around you, you set a huge bar for having rock like faith. I look up to you so much and know through all of these growing experiences you have had in your life that you will be able to help and lift others in their trials. I love you!!! Also little Noelle isn't so little anymore! She is adorable and is growing so much. It is so much fun being a mom but challenging at the same time. The lessons so far that I have learned as a mom are patience for sure, selflessness and many more, too numerous to list. But our baby girls are so worth every bit of it! If you ever need to just talk when you are down I am a phonecall away, after all I am at home all day, especially since it has been in the negatives lately!!

Brittany Crane said...

Linds she is soooo cute! It's amazing how healthy she is for being born so incredibly early. Although I'm sorry to hear she still has to wear her oxygen. I've dealt with some post baby blues/depression. It's really hard but things seem to get better with time so hang in there. I know you're a fabulous mom and Noelle couldn't have picked better parents.