Sunday, March 15, 2009

Progress!

Happy St. Patricks day on Tuesday! I really like this holiday for some reason. It's so fun in elementary school. I can't wait. I think I'm going to make Michael some green eggs and green pancakes.

This last week Noelle had her 4th month check-up. (Even though she will be 5 months on March 27th) I can't believe how fast time flies. I've decided when you really look back at it, time seems to go by fast. But while you're going through it, it seems to go by slow. Why is that? Anyway. Her stats were great!

Weight = 13 lbs 6 oz - 46th percentile
Length = 23 inches - 16th percentile
Head circum. was in the 72nd percentile

Considering she was a preemie these numbers are great. She is catching up! Within a few months her length went from the 1st percentile to the 16th. So although she is still a little shorty she is growing and doing so so good. As you can see her head circumference was a little big so the doctor had us go in for a head ultrasound. Well the results were good. Everything is developing the way it should be. So no worries. Apparently I had a big head when I was a baby and that's just how the Fullmer side of the family is. So we have big heads, so what. She is doing so great! To me her head looks perfect :). (She does have a flat area on her right side from sleeping on it more than the left side. If anyone has suggestions on how to fix that let me know. It seems that we have tried everything.) And a part from crying hysterically when she got her shots the appointment went really well. She was talking up a storm when the doctor was checking everything out. She no longer has to take an iron supplement and can be off of her preemie formula! I know these seem like minor details but to me and Michael they are HUGE and really show how much she is progressing. We are so proud of her! I think her teething came to a stop a little while ago, but it seems like it has started up again. I have a feeling her teething process will take a while. Great... She really lets us know when she is in pain. Again, THANK YOU children's tylenol. She is sucking on her hands like crazy and really wants to suck on her finger or thumb. She tries so hard to get it in there but can't quite get it all the way. She is so much fun and talks and smiles so much! Her personaliy comes out more and more each day! She is a stubborn, happy, bright baby girl and we absolutely love her!!

These are pictures of her sucking and chewing on her hands. She often has these wide eyes when I take a picture of her. I think it's because of the flash.


2 comments:

Abby said...

WOW.... she is doing great. That is some great numbers for someone who started off so little. My first one had a huge test. And eventually it evened out.

I am so happy for you guys and your cute little family. Enjoy the moments they go by WAY to fast. I can't believe my baby will be four.
CRAZY!!

Abby said...

oh and I meant head and we did those same tests.