Monday, July 6, 2009

The Move, 4th of July and Noelle Updates

I'm normally really good at updating our blog weekly but we've had a busy couple of weeks. After Noelle started to get back to normal Michael got sick with a cold and then when he was getting over it I got sick. Of course during this time we had to pack our entire apartment. Luckily one day my mom and sister came to help and that helped a lot. Friday, July 3rd, my parents, sister, brother, and sister-in-law came to help us pack up our moving truck and move. I'm so grateful for this because what could have taken ALL day took a few hours. Thank you so much guys. I owe you big time! We're living with my parents for a little while to save up some money. The 4th of July was pretty relaxing. We had pizza at my grandma's house and then afterwards we had fireworks on the road in front of her house. I love those 4th of Julys sometimes. Noelle was stubborn the whole day about taking a nap. When the fireworks went off she just stared at them and smiled. I love sparklers and when I showed her one she just stared at it and wanted to touch it (pictures to come). Noelle's first 4th of July was a fun one.

Noelle isn't very good about taking consistent or long naps. So I've been trying to get her on a schedule. I've realized that Noelle's body might not want to take 2 hour naps like other babies and that's okay. But I'm still going to keep trying. Whatever happens I know she is healthy and growing and I'm grateful for that. She sleeps great through the night but moves like crazy. We always wake up to find her head on the opposite side of the crib. She always sleeps on her tummy and very rarely will sleep on her side. We've started to put her to bed awake and suprisingly it has worked. She will only cry 10-20 minutes before she is asleep. We have a fan in our room and I think that really helps. Noelle is sitting up all on her own and only falls over sometimes :). She loves this activity, bouncy thing my parents have and goes crazy in it (I'll post a video soon). She is loving the fact that she can use her legs to bounce and move. When she is on her tummy she can slowly scoot herself around. I can tell she is close to crawling. She loves sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, applesauce, bananas, pears and peaches but doesn't seem to like anything green. Any advice? I just know she is teething because she is chewing and biting hard on EVERYTHING, but no teeth yet. We are getting her helmet in about a week. She is always smiling and just lights up any room she is in. She loves to be around people and loves the attention. She folds her arms, so cute. We are going to try camping in a tent for the first time with her next week with my dad's side of the family. This should be interesting considering Michael won't be able to come because of work. I would love some advice on this.?.? I always intend to write a quick and short update but it never turns out that way. Oh well. Noelle makes our lives so much fun and so interesting. She is constantly showing us what a bright, loving, sweet, stubborn girl she is. She is growing and changing right before our eyes. I am amazed and feel so much joy at how far she has come. We are always surprised by her and love her to pieces!!

Pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Camping is always SO fun. I go every year w/out Jeff because of work. Last year I ended up sleeping in the car because Ryder screamed. So I made a bed in the back and he slept in his carseat.
But we bought a huge tent last year that fits two pack and plays...I always drape beach towels over the top making a mini tent to help keep the heat in for the babies because it always gets chilly but we also go in March-April. I also always double layer the pj's because my kids never leave blankets on. And for some reason when I think of camping I always think of sleeping cold.
Anyway sorry for the novel comment! Enjoy your trip! I can't wait to see some pictures! have fun!
Luv ya Linz!!!