Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our growing girl

Noelle had a doctor's appointment on Monday and it went so well. Here's her number update, which are based on a 9 month old girl:

Weight - 19lbs 7 oz - 62%
Length - 28 3/4 inches - 87%
Head circum. - 46 1/2 cm - 99%

I was so happy to see how much she has grown in the last few months. Physically she has completely caught up with a full-term 9 month old. Her motor skills progress seems to be in between her birth date and actual due date. But we're not worried in the slightest. She is active and happy and so aware of everything around her. She wants to move around so bad and tries so hard. The doctor said she might just go from sitting to walking. But I think she will crawl. :)

We went to the head doctor today and it looks like Noelle will have to have the helmet on for at least another 4 weeks. The front of her head has corrected itself almost 100% but the back is pretty much at where it was 4 weeks ago. The doctor wasn't worried at all and made a little more room in her helmet. He said the front of the head is usually the very last thing to correct itself. But not with Noelle. Why am I not surprised? I know I really shouldn't be worried but I am a little. I guess it's just a little frustrating that Noelle has been wearing this for 5 weeks but there's hardly any progress at the place where it needed correcting. That's my venting for today. We'll let you know on the head update in 4 weeks.

We love how much Noelle has grown and how dang cute she is. She is so silly and is constantly smiling and brightening up wherever she is.

We gave her a lemon to try. Even with that face she kept putting it in her mouth.

Playing on the couch and smiling for me.

I love this "What are you doing?" look.

Looking at her book. Books just fascinate her.

Smiling at Grandma Fullmer.

Grandma Fullmer held Noelle's feet while I tried to paint her toenails. They didn't turn out perfect as you can see. She kept moving her toes no matter how tight they were held. Oh well :).

Today Noelle just started pounding on the piano. It's so cute and funny.





Just a little recording for those of you who want to see her "playing" the piano.

4 comments:

Kari said...

So cute. I'm so glad that she developing correctly. It is such a blessing considering everything she's been through. We are starting to see some delays in both my girls but we can't tell if it is from being premature. They sure are blessings though! I wish we lived closer to you so we could have play dates.

Ashley Bennion said...

Try the toenails when she is asleep - I did that with my nieces and it worked pretty good especially if you put fast dry stuff on top. She is adorable!

Brittany Crane said...

I love all the pictures of Noelle. She is such a doll! and growing so well. I would never have guessed that she was a premie. I love how interested in books she is. I'm sure just like her momma. :)

I have been wanting to paint Hallie's toes but I'm not sure it's possible. I never thought about having some one else hold her feet. Genius!!!

Abby said...

How cute are those toes!!!!

Linz, she is doing so great! She weighs more than Ryder...(he is my runt) Noah was the same way with crawling he was such a stinker and refused to crawl until 11 months!!!

Hang in there with the head thing the same thing happen to our neice she had to wear it for almost three months...so hang in there!!!
Love ya!!