Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunshine On a Cloudy Day

I know it's been a little while since I've blogged. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better. Noelle is doing great. She is so active and is still working on crawling. She's even closer now and I know one day she'll just start crawling all over the place and be into everything. She loves to take steps and walks on her tippy toes. She's even started to let go of our hands to help her, but we catch her quickly because she's not at the stage yet where she can hold herself up all on her own. She wants to do so many things and I think her body is not quite caught up yet. We went to see the plastic surgeon (the one who officially told us to get her a helmet) last Wednesday and he said she'll have to wear the helmet for another 6-8 weeks at least. It's just not reshaping like we were hoping. It's probably because she started wearing it at about 8 months and that's a little late I guess. We're praying that something changes soon because we really don't know what the other options are.

So as a little side note, I've been on this diet for the last 5 weeks and it's been going pretty well. I haven't been perfect but I'm eating really healthy and know so much more about food and how it can make you or break you. It has been hard to undue my food cravings. I'm amazed at how often I would just eat when I was bored or for any other occasion for that matter. I've felt such a difference in my mind and body and I love that feeling. I've been working out and have been working hard on finally trying to accomplish a goal that I have had for a long time. I've lost 20lbs and plan on continuing for a while. I just wanted to share that because I'm a little proud of myself and feel pretty good :)!

We're so excited because Grandma Pfeil is coming to visit on Sept. 15 and is staying for a about a week. We're so happy to see her and cannot wait until she is here!

I was thinking of the song "My Girl" the other day and these words explain exactly how we feel about our little Noelle. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside I've got the month of May." I know that sounds corny but it's true and our world is better because she is in it. Whenever I feel discouraged or need a smile I just look at her and she fixes it all.

Here are a bunch of random photos. She has just grown so much and I can't believe it sometimes.

One of Noelle's many sleeping positions

All bundled up with Grandma Fullmer I wanted to see if the hood would fit over her helmet.

This shirt was tie-dyed by Grandma Fullmer when they were at camp. I just love it. (Don't worry we were being very careful and watching her closely while she was on the counter.)

"I'm as tall as Dad."

Sunday afternoon with Aunt Taylor and Noelle

She was just sitting there so peacefully watching everyone :)

Noelle with one of those biter biscuits. She loves them but if we don't watch her closely she'll actually bite down hard enough and break off a big piece. No teeth yet, unfortunately.

Trying broccoli for the first time. I think she kinda liked it because she kept putting it in her mouth.

Messy, happy girl :)

Noelle never really liked using a pacifier. I gave her one of her old ones today and as you can see from this picture she doesn't really remember or care about what it is actually used for.

Noelle loves to drink from a cup without any kind of lid. She's a little possessive of the cup as well :). Here's a video of it.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Man, I can't say it enough, she is sooo cute!! And I have to tell ya Linz, I'm so proud of you on the diet and working so hard! 20 pounds is a lot, you're awesome!

Brittany Crane said...

Hey Linds glad to see an update. Cute pictures!!! That is so funny about Noelle being possessive about cups. Hallie still is the same way. She loves drinking out of real cups and insists on holding it herself. Which we don't of course because she would just spill the whole thing down herself. Anyway...sounds like things are going good in the Pfeil home. Noelle's little head will be in my prayers. Also, congrats on being so healthy!! That truly is an accomplishment. Way to be strong-as always you are an example to me.