Monday, September 7, 2009

Onion Days

Today we had a fun day in Payson, Utah. We went to what is called "Onion Days" which starts off with a parade and then after there is a carnival, a band, tons of booths to buy things, and yummy food. Well I thought it was going to be partly cloudy. No such luck. It was so hot. So we decided to give Noelle a little extra break from her helmet. Good thing we did because she was so hot even without it on. After the hot, long (but fun) parade we headed to the fair grounds to set up chairs. We were there with my dad's side of the family so we made quite the circle.

After getting in the shade Noelle was as happy as can be and just being so fun. We had these very good pulled barbeque pork sandwhiches (not on the diet). Then my parents watched Noelle while me and Michael walked around to see if we wanted to buy anything. Well we found the deep-fried snickers booth. We saw these once on tv and wanted to try it. So we shared one. It's a snickers dipped in like a pancake batter and deep fried. It's like heaven on a stick and yet I could just feel how bad it was for me as it went down. Oh well, it was good and we don't do that very often.

Michael bought a hunting knife (kind of something he likes to collect) and I bought this wall hanging with a saying on it. We had fun just walking around and looking at everything. Noelle took a short nap while we were gone and when she woke up we left. It was a fun day and we got some fun pictures. I think Noelle really liked being around so many people and the more she grows the more comfortable she is around others. It's so fun watching her be social.

warning: lots of pictures ahead


Before the parade started. She was so happy to get her helmet off.



happy to be in the sun

She wanted to hold the umbrella all by herself.

Grandpa Fullmer gave her some cotton candy. She was very interested.

She liked it...

and wanted some more. :)

Grape otter pop. She had way too much sugar for one day. Oh well.

Cool float in the parade.

Noelle with my cousin Alyssa and her son Taven.

Trying to give hugs and kisses. :) Taven was being so calm and patient.

Noelle was so excited to be around someone close to her size and age.

Michael and I. I was sweaty and so was my hair.

Me and my youngest sister Taylor!

Part of the group that went.

Michael reading his book of course. So not surprised.

Noelle taking a nap in her stroller. Poor girl was so tired.
A pretty sunset Sunday evening outside the house.

Noelle holding a corn on the cob not knowing exactly what to think of it. I just love her faces!

No comments: