Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Noelle!

Today is Noelle's birthday! I can't believe that she is 1 year old. This last year has gone by much faster than I expected. This time last year we had a 2lb 15oz preemie and today she is 20+lbs and is as active and happy as ever. She has been through a lot this last year but it has also been so much fun. Saturday (Oct. 24) we had her birthday party. We had a lot of fun and lots of friends and family were there. We missed the Pfeil family though and love you guys a lot. She got a lot of fun presents and jumped right in to the cake. We've realized that we do not have a shy little girl and she is not reserved at all. As me and Michael are not social butterflies we've realized Noelle is. She is so much fun and keeps us on our toes. I feel so blessed to be her mother and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for watching over Noelle. I know that Noelle was supposed to be born when she was and we've learned so much from all that we've been through together. I wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the whole world. I can't believe how fast she is growing. We love you Noelle so much and are so grateful you are a part of our lives!

Here are some pictures of Noelle throughout the year. Be sure to see the last few pictures, they're from her party on Saturday :). Warning: Lots of pictures ahead!

This was the first picture taken of her in the NICU.

The first time I got to hold Noelle. To be honest, thinking about this today I could literally feel what I felt that day and couldn't help but cry. I remember that day so clearly.The first time Michael got to hold Noelle.
We loved when she would hold on to our fingers.


One of the first times giving her a bottle.
The day we took Noelle home from the NICU.

Home at last.

One of the first days without the oxygen canula.
We just love this picture.
First day trying rice cereal.
The day of Noelle's surgery.
Happy Girl in the physical therapy room.
One of the first days with her helmet and up camping.
Getting a break from her helmet. She's so happy and excited in this one.
One of the last days with the helmet. She loves this bouncy door thing.
So proud that she can finally pull herself up :).
Our cute little pumpkin!
These next pictures are from her birthday party:

These were the desserts from the party. I made the small and big pumpkin. The big one is made of two bundt (carrot) cakes put together and the small one is two small bundt (chocolate) cakes put together. Both with cream cheese frosting. The small one was Noelle's. Me and my mom did the bat cupcakes. Okay, I made them and my mom decorated them. I had the basic idea and my mom pulled it off.
She actually did pretty good opening presents. She was really happy to see this stuffed monkey for some reason. Cute.
Uncle Tanner and Aunt Nina got her this awesome rocking horse. She's very curious about it. Spoiled girl :).
She wanted to touch the candle.
She did not hestitate at all, even with all the people around.
She is loving making a mess.
Very happy eating chocolate cake.
By the end of the party Noelle was exhausted and wanted to sleep and she did as soon as everyone left.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

So fun to look back on her first year! The cakes are awesome Linz, great job!! I wish I was there to eat some with you! Happy bday to your cute little girlie!

Abby said...

WOW! Linz the cakes look AWESOME!!! It is so amazing to look how tiny she once was! Happy Birthday Noelle!!!!

Emily Cohoon said...

She is so adorable! I am so happy she is doing so well, and that you too are doing well, miss you!