Monday, October 19, 2009

Zoo, bedtime, and helmet news

We've had a good and fun couple of weeks. A week ago this last Saturday we went to the zoo. We didn't know how Noelle was going to react but she seemed to like it a lot. She really liked the penguins. She just watched them so intently swimming in the water. She also really liked the train ride. It was kind of a cold day but we had a great time. Michael had never been to the zoo in Utah and I hadn't been in such a long time so it was fun for us too. I was so excited to go that I forgot our camera. I was bummed at first but got over it.

The night before the zoo Noelle had a little sleepover with her Aunt Nina and Uncle Tanner. They offered to take her overnight just for fun and I guess to see how it was having a baby overnight. Lucky for them Noelle slept 10 hours straight. She hasn't slept that well for us in a while. For some reason she has had a hard time sleeping straight through the night. I think it's a combination of getting herself too worked up and teething. Also we still have her in our room and so when she wakes up she stands herself up and cries and screams at us because she can see us. Whenever she doesn't want to sleep she just stands right up. We can't really move her out of our room until we move out in December so does any one have any suggestions? Oh and she works herself up so much that she can't go back to sleep. We're really trying to get her off taking a bottle in the middle of the night but it's gotten to the point that that's the only option. Any advice on that or words of comfort? :) The nights are getting to be not so relaxing anymore. Anyway.

So the best news yet... Noelle doesn't have to wear her helmet anymore!! Happy Day!

Michael reading to Noelle. She was so interested and calm the whole time. She really likes books. I thought this picture was so cute.

We went to a creamery called Leatherby's and gave Noelle some icecream. She LOVED it!
Don't you just love her crooked pigtails :)

Aunt Nina's witch hat. I just love her happy face in this.
Noelle is starting to do this face whenever she isn't too sure about something or doesn't like something. It's so funny. My cousin's little boy does something similar to this and they call it "the stink eye." That's totally what it looks like.

3 comments:

Kari said...

No advice for you on the sleeping thing, mine little one is still in our room and if she wakes up the only way back to sleep is a bottle. She didn't sleep through the night until 15 months. One day she just slept all night and now she rarely wakes up. One day Noelle will just figure it out.

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh she is still in your room?! That would kill me! I can't sleep in the same room as Hallie she is way too noisy! If I were you I would get her out of your room asap, or it will be that much harder to do. Our neighbors let their daughter sleep in their room until 9 months and when they moved her out that's when she slept through the night. Us parents must be noisy sleepers. If you don't have another bedroom to put her in, just stick her in the hallway! I can't believe you guys have lasted that long with her in there! Good luck! Yea for no more helmet!!

maseysblog said...

Hey Mrs. Pheil!! How are you? Noelle is so cute. That is great news about her helmet! I bet she is so happy. I miss seeing you!
~Masey