Monday, October 10, 2011

weekly (almost daily) tradition

My very favorite drink is Dr. Pepper, but as I've been trying to eat healthier lately I've discovered Diet Dr. Pepper. It's taken me a little bit to like it, but now I do and it's kind of a treat for me. I didn't really want to try this drink cause at first it tasted completely different than the original. However when our friends invited us to go on a walk to a gas station around the corner I decided to get some. And now I'm hooked :). Probably not the best thing, but sometimes it's the one thing that keeps me going during the day. We've gone on more walks lately with our friends and it's been a lot of fun. The mom's get their drinks, the little girls get a sucker, and the little boys just lay happily in the stroller (not always happily). We sometimes get a red box or two as well. And we usually go more than once a week. We only have the one car right now and I just get so crazy staying inside all day. So this is something I look forward to every week. And it's fun to talk and hang out with our friends. I'm going to be very sad when it gets too cold outside to walk. I'm sure we'll find some way to get there though. Anyway, one day last week my friend wasn't able to go on our walk. But I still wanted to go. It was a very cold day but I bundled the kids up and we went anyway. I took pictures and thought that I would share. Noelle got to push her own little stroller with her dolly in it as well and she really liked that. I wish I had a picture of it.
My bundled up kids. Such good sports for helping me satisfy my addiction


I finally got one of Michael smiling. I love this picture of the two of them.

Michael holding his binky in. He likes his binky but isn't obsessed with it. It doesn't comfort him when he is really upset. Usually it only works when he is kind of tired. My kids just don't do the binky thing well I guess.

2 comments:

Heather Thorup said...

They are adorable! You are a lucky Momma. I agree with you, staying inside can make you go crazy! I call the apartment my prison sometimes haha. I try to do walks, but with it getting colder and Carter being sick lately we haven't. Just getting the mail is a treat some days:) Good job on your diet thing! Diet soda is nasty I think, but at least you can consider it a treat.

Lyss said...

Lindsey, I am so glad that you have a blog! Send me an e-mail so that I can send you an invite to ours! I just love your sweet little kids!