Monday, November 5, 2012

Mikey 15 months

Mikey is 15 months.  And I know I say this every post but really where has the time gone?  What a fun, sweet destructor I have :).  Mikey turned 15 months the same time Noelle turned 4 so I decided to take them to the same doctors appointment.  I had a friend warn me against this but I decided not to do Noelle's kindergarten shots because she's not going to kindergarten until 2014.  But when we got there the nurse asked again if we wanted to do her shots and I agreed because luckily my mom was there.  I wouldn't have otherwise.  Noelle was brave and didn't cry at all.  Although later that day she certainly made a fuss about it.  Mikey had a rough time though.  His appointment was on a Tuesday.  Sunday (oct. 28th) Mikey cut his forehead on the foot of our rocking chair.  Monday Mikey fell really hard on a metal bar at a park and got a big bump in between his eyes.  And on Tuesday the poor guy had to get his blood drawn and get his shots also.  The blood drawn is because we're doing this immunization study.  He wasn't too happy after it all happened.    So really thank heavens my mom was there.  The whole week was hard on him.  He enjoyed Halloween but was really tired and I think a little overheated by his heavy lion costume.  His bump between his eyes was nothing more than that,  I was very surprised.  He hit it so hard.  Now it's just a nice bruise.  He's back to his normal self now, he's just getting back into his good sleeping schedule.  He sure is big and tall boy.

27.5 lbs - 85% (first time he is out of the 90s)
35 inches - 97%
Head - 97%

He is getting to be such a big boy.
Mikey...
-Loves to run everywhere
-Makes a really cute "ruf" sound when we say "dog" or show him one.  He also says a cute "hohoho" for Santa which sounds an awful lot like his dog sound.
-Loves to give hugs and kisses to stuffed animals, just like Noelle did.
-Also loves to hug and kiss his sister
-Follows Noelle everywhere, also still destroys everything she plays with. That's something we're working on because Noelle does not appreciate it.
-Hates to be in a stroller or held when we are outside
-Is such an outside boy and will really cry when someone goes outside without him
-Throws balls everywhere
-Is really starting to love to play with cars
-Still loves eating but is getting pickier
-Says "dis" (this), "dat" (that), "mama", "no" (Noelle), "dah" (dog), "ba" (ball), "si" (outside)
-Loves to put on his socks and shoes and also loves to take them off in the car
-Is still interested in the garbage and throws things away on his own
-Is still a little bashful at times.
-Is very patient but is starting to defend himself against sister attacks
-Likes to offer things he's eating or playing with to other babies or kids
-Is really really hard to handle at church.
-Is very healthy.  Besides one week this summer I can't tell you another time when he has been sick with anything.
-Is an excellent sleeper and I can't remember the last time he woke up earlier than 7.
-Has the cutest belly :)

I just love Mikey too much to explain.  He is the happiest baby ever and can always be seen with a smile on his face even when he is so tired.  He sure teaches me a lot about happiness.  He keeps me on my toes constantly but I wouldn't want it any other way.  I'm so grateful to have him in our family and he such a good little brother.  I just love my sweetheart.



see what i mean by bashful

loves outside, no matter the weather

fell asleep at dinner one night

right after he hit his head, between the eyes

the bump got pretty big

happy boy

loves his cars, this one makes lovely loud sounds

No comments: