Thursday, November 1, 2012

October and Halloween 2012

October seemed to be a busy month for us.  Michael had to work every Saturday for like 6 weeks and he had school on top of that.  That made it extra long for me I think and Noelle's birthday.  When will I ever learn?  But we also had a lot of fun!  And many pictures were taken. 

Noelle has been loving doing crafts lately.  She loves being outside even more but it can't always happen and again no car so... That makes for me finding some fun things for us to do inside.  So here are some of those pictures, other stuff and of course our Halloween.

Mikey attempting to paint his pumpkin.  He was doing really good actually until he kept putting the paint brush in his mouth.  I think I scared him every time I told him no because...
this is what happened next :(.  Sad huh?  He has such a good sad face.  So we were done with that.
Then I let him play with pudding instead.  And he loved it and needed no help from me.
He loves to put stuff in his hair, the little stinker
Noelle really went to town painting her pumpkin.  She was obsessed with painting it black. 
halloween bird house that hung outside.  Again with the black :)
One of our favorite activities on our many walks is gathering the pretty leaves.  So then she made a cute fall tree with it.
I found this cute ghost story on pinterest about ghosts who ate different colored food and it turned them a different color.  Black wasn't a part of the story but she insisted.  Noelle colored all the ghosts for me and had me read her the story over and over again.
idea also from pinterest.  yummy pretzel and marshmallow bones.  Made with colorful marshmallows as you can see.  She really put together every little bones except for maybe 5 of them.  She loved this one!  We gave some to her friends.

  
And Noelle started a little tumbling class.  And she absolutely loves it.  She talks all about it and loves to practice at home.  She really really needed this!   




We had a big pile of leaves right outside our apartment.  So naturally we had to play in it :)
Noelle loved it and would have stayed out there forever


We really wanted to go to an apple orchard and pick apples.  Time was tight with Michael working so many Saturdays so the day we could go all the close orchards weren't available to visit.  That same day my parents said they had a ton of apples on their trees to get rid of.  So we were pretty excited!  Michael was a good sport and picked every apple that he could reach.  Which was a lot because he is tall.  The red apples were more tart and the small green ones were very sweet and perfect for little hands!
This tree looks kind of like a charlie brown tree but it sure makes yummy, sweet apples.  Noelle had fun picking them

Mikey pretty much loves them.  But we have to watch him closely.  He'll take some pretty big bites.  I'm wanting to make applesauce from all the apples that we have.

Carving pumpkin day!  She didn't like all the "guts" and it took some convincing to reach her hand in there.  But I just have to say this was our first year using the cool pumpkin tools to scoop out the inside and carve and it was awesome!  It changed my whole outlook on carving pumpkins.  Growing up it was THE hardest thing to carve a pumpkin with the knives we had.  Forget about ever making an actual curve.  I am a believer now and we got ours at the dollar store.
concentrating to hard
Noelle's pumpkin (daddy helped quite a bit)
i carved this one.  With a pattern of course, but i added the stars.  Michael I think enjoyed scooping
And Mikey enjoyed a sucker while we carved.  This was the evening after he got shots and he was having a rough night.  Also the day before he had a big fall on a metal bar which made that lovely bump between his eyes.  He seemed happy enough with his sucker. 
apparently captivated by what was on at Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer's tv.
 On Halloween we headed over to my parents to trick or treat.  My mom had some very fun things planned for Noelle.  They made bandaids out of graham crackers, frosting and red food coloring.  And made witches hats out of chocolate cookies, frosting and chocolate kisses.  After trick-or-treating she did carmel apples.  These tasted so good to me this year.  We ate her famous cheese soup in bread bowls for dinner.  So yummy!  Trick-or-treating was a lot of fun.  Noelle loved it.  Mikey loved it too, but didn't care too much about going up to the doors.  He just wanted to walk around.  I think his costume overheated him a bit.  He's been so tired this week so you could tell he wanted to do more but his body was just not letting him.  He was still super cute and of course so was Noelle.  I thought she would want to go more.  But about halfway through our route she said she wanted to go back.  I asked her why and she said "So I can eat my candy."  This girl definitely has a sweet tooth.  Thanks mom and dad for letting us come over year after year.  We had a fun Halloween!


my little lion.  It was so hard to get pictures with the two of them.  So this is the best I got.  A lion seems to fit him so well :)
fairy princess.  She loved her costume and loved the face paint and pink hair mascara I used.

Not a great picture of the kids but it is of my sister.  You can't see her whole costume but she was Zelda and her "friend" Zach was Link.  They looked awesome!  My brothers loved playing zelda and Michael loved it to.  But all growing up I thought Zelda was a boy.  Shows how much I know.  Michael carved that pumpkin, bottom right, for tay and zach.  Apparently it's called a triforce and a zelda thing.



No comments: