Sunday, January 13, 2013

Freddy the Elf

In my last post we mentioned that we had a new little visitor at the beginning of December.  Well our elf, Freddy, continued to play hide and seek, being mischievous, and leaving notes for Mikey and Noelle until Christmas Eve.  Noelle was heartbroken when she knew that Freddy wasn't going to come back until next Christmas.  We really had to prepare her for it.  She gets so attached to certain stuffed toys of hers.  Just the other day she drew a picture for Freddy and left it on the spot where he sat all December.  It kind of makes me tear up when I think how much she misses him.

We didn't get the book for the elf of the shelf.  Santa just sent his own letter describing the magic elf.  As you can see we also didn't keep to the "rule" of no touching your elf.  Noelle is too much of a hugger.  So the letter from Freddy said "The more you hug me, the more my magic grows."  It was perfect.

One morning we found Freddy in the candy jar and he made a little bit of a mess.
Freddy knew that Noelle and Mikey's favorite breakfast is muffins so he brought them some one morning, along with hot chocolate.
Freddy thought he could lift my 2lb weights.
Noelle and I made Freddy a scarf out of felt for his Christmas present.  She was so excited for him to get it.

No comments: