Sunday, January 13, 2013

Some homemade Christmas things

I really enjoy doing crafts I just have to find time to do it.  Christmas is a perfect time to do crafts because I think they mean a lot and generally are less expensive than buying gifts.  So I wanted to record some of the crafts I did for Christmas 2012. 

Michael's parents were married in the Manti, Utah temple so I made this little 8 x 10 wooden block with a picture of it for them.

For Michael's mom I also made this wooden block with pictures of Mikey and Noelle.
For my mom I made a block for each grandchild with pictures and also with their name and birthday.  We thought we would start doing one for each grandchild when they hit a year old.

For Mikey I made this Captain America cape out of an old t-shirt and felt.  The mask is made out of felt as well as the shield.  Ideas from friends and pinterest.  I also made one for my nephew Eric!  Mikey doesn't play with it yet the way I thought he would.  But he is only 18 months and everything is big enough to fit him for another few years at least.
I also made Noelle a cape and mask.  I call her "lightning girl."  She loves it!  She'll also wear Mikey's once in a while.  By the stocking are these little felt "stove-tops" I made her.  I really wanted to get her a kitchen to go with her cupboard we got her last year but we have no room whatsoever with it.  This way she can pull out the little stove-tops whenever she wants to and put them back when she's done.


My little lightning girl looks so tough in this picture.