Monday, May 11, 2009

gratitude

This mother's day meant so much to me. Sometimes I wake up and I still can't believe that I have a daughter. But I thought a lot about how far Noelle has come over the last six months. I even found myself looking at her NICU pictures and comparing them with pictures of now. I felt so grateful for her in my life and so grateful for a husband who is so unconditionally kind and takes care of us in so many ways. Everything was perfect on Mother's Day because I got to be with my amazing husband Michael and sweet daughter Noelle. Not to mention I was with my family who I love with all of my heart. Who have done so much for us. I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for the love and the examples that my parents, and family are to me. To top it off we got to talk to my sister, Alyson, who is on a mission in Spain. It made me realize how much I miss her but how grateful I am that she is serving the Lord. The only thing that was missing was us being able to see Michael's mom and the rest of the family. We miss you guys so much and love you!

I know it's late but Happy Mother's Day to my mom and mom-in-law! I love you both so much and am so grateful for all that you have done for me and my little family.

I wanted to put a picture on here of Noelle in the NICU and some pictures of now. Just to see how much she has grown and how far she has come. I'm so grateful for the many nurses and doctors that made it possible for Noelle to live. Seriously, she would not be here if it wasn't for the amazing medical technology that is available. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father, as he is the one that made that amazing medical technology exist. My heart is very full of this gratitude and I can't even explain it in words.

I want my friends to know that have lost their own mothers (two in particular) that I thought of you a lot on Sunday. You are amazing people and my life has been changed because of you. I know other lives have been changed because of the example and joy you have been to them. Thank you for your wonderful examples of love and strength. I know your moms are watching you today with enormous gratitude of how far you have come in life and how strong you are.

Thank you everyone for who and what you are. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

pics of Noelle (as you probably can tell, I have a really hard time picking just one or two pictures-sorry about that)
Just one day old (i think)a few days old (this was the first time I held her)
A few weeks old6 months old with her crazy hairdo after her bathNoelle with her great-grandma Fullmer (she was soooo tired)Noelle has been really tired lately and we were playing on the floor and she just fell asleep.

For those of you interested in watching a video of Noelle talking and trying to laugh :), here ya go:



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lindsey I found your blog through Kari (Ricks) Markham's blog. It's been such a long time! Your little girl is adorable and I'm glad to see you are doing well! (Hope you remember who I am :) was Kari's roommate at Colonial that 1st year.)

Page said...

She is so cute!! I'd love for you to follow my blog, and I like reading yours too!