Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tribute to Eric

Today marks a year since my brother Eric passed away. This last Saturday (May 16th) was his 19th birthday. My Mom and Dad decided to do something special to observe his birthday as it was also the day he went in to the hospital last year. They wanted to spend the day with our family, and invited my Dad's side to come and observe it with us. All of us met Saturday evening at the cemetery. They had about 20-25 balloons and paper for all of us to write Eric a note on. Afterward we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Eric. All the notes were attached to the balloons and then the balloons were released. After that we all met at my parent's house and my dad barbecued hamburgers and hotdogs for everybody. It was a really neat experience. When we started singing "Happy Birthday" I started crying and really felt close to Eric. This year has been hard for my family. Especially my parents. It really makes you look at things differently when a family member passes away. You always feel that it will never happen to you. Our faith has been pulled and stretched in so many ways. I know we all have grown closer to each other and to the Lord because of this. His plan of salvation becomes so real. I know it is true and that the atonement is real. He can lift and pick us up when we just can't do it alone. I know Eric is happy and is healing and becoming closer to the Lord and to us. This year we were blessed as my sister Alyson left on a mission and my daughter, Noelle, was born. I know Eric had something to do with all of that and that he was there at those special moments. Eric has the biggest heart and he was always friendly to those around him. I hope he knows how much he is loved and how much we miss him.
These pictures are of Eric at my wedding in December 2007. I love Eric in the little girls apron. It's so like him to put it on and make fun of it :).

When Eric was getting ready for my wedding stuff he wanted to really look his best and wanted to get some brand new, bright earrings for that day. As you can see in this picture, he did just that :). He makes me smile so much.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Well Lindsey I knew this day was coming up but I forgot exactly which day it happened on. I want to tell you that you are one of the BIGGEST EXAMPLES to me! You have been through so much in your life and I have been a witness to almost all of the major things. I have seen you deal, cope, and recover from these trials and have never seen your faith or hope waver one slightest bit! Lindsey you are amazing and I am thinking about you on this day and am praying for you! I know that you are in my life and that we met for a reason because you have shown me that with Heavenly Father by your side you can get through anything! You are one of my dearest friends and I am so grateful for you! I love you soo much and hope that you can feel peace this week! I wish I could have been there for you this week! Love ya Linz!