Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Should've Been a Cowboy"

I'm up late doing a couple things for Michael's birthday and got a little side tracked. I wanted to update my playlist on here and decided to check my brother and sister-in-law's blog. They have an awesome playlist ;) and so I decided to copy some of their songs. They bring back a lot of memories for me. One is called "Heartland" by George Strait. Well I think it was on a movie called "Pure Country" and I remember my brothers loving this movie growing up. And when I hear it, it reminds me of Eric. When he was little he used to love dressing up as a cowboy and loved guns. Well hearing that song brought a few tears to my eye (good tears) and made me think of another song that reminds me of Eric. It's called "Should've been a cowboy" by Toby Keith. This song brings back even more memories and I can't stop listening to it.

On a different and very personal note I want to share that my dad did my brother's temple work this week. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and I felt Eric so close that day. I know Eric is happy and working hard and helping others repent and be happy. There is not a doubt in my mind that he is being an awesome missionary! I miss him but can't wait to see him again. Every time I think of him he makes me smile and I know that he is watching over me and my family. I have felt a lot of peace and joy about everything lately and just wanted to share that. I know I've posted this picture before but I just can't help but smile when I see it. Love you buddy!This was at my wedding reception and all the little girls that served wore these aprons. So this is Eric being Eric :)

No comments: