Thursday, May 27, 2010

March of Dimes Walk

Last Saturday me and Michael walked for March of Dimes. I was really excited for it. Just to be able to do a little something to help. It was fun to see all these family teams walking, all of them inspired by these strong little babies. It was really touching to see them and all the children. Some people had made posters of their child's experience in the N.I.C.U. and of course I got a little emotional. We were so blessed that Noelle was so healthy but at the very beginning we were really scared. It's an experience you can't really prepare for and it's hard not being able to take home your baby for several weeks. It's hard to leave them at the hospital even though you know they are in very capable and caring hands. With that said I'm very grateful for that experience. I learned so much from it and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for our beautiful daughter. We had so many people around us to support and help us. I know we were meant to go through that experience at that time and I feel closer to Michael and to my Heavenly Father because of it. I depend on Him so much and maybe that was one thing I needed to learn.

Anyway. The walk was fun. Very cold at the beginning but still fun to be there. We made pins to wear of pictures of when Noelle was first born and pictures of now. I felt like a very proud mama :)! We are going to make this an annual tradition and hope to take Noelle and other friends and family with us next year. Thank you to all who donated and all who thought about us. Thank you to all of you who prayed for us when Noelle was first born. I know those prayers were answered and we have been so blessed to be surrounded (in many ways) with so many friends and family who love us. We love you all!

I know some of my family wanted to see some pictures. These aren't the most interesting but it's all I got :). More of me than anything. It was just fun to be a part of it!

We walked on Canyon View Park trail (i think) up Provo Canyon. It was very pretty.
See my Noelle pins on my jacket? I was kinda proud of those :)
I got a shirt. I was a little excited about that!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so glad you did it. It was an awesome experience, we are starting up our own team for next year. I'm also excited to start making this a family tradition.