Friday, August 19, 2011

noisy

Wow, we have one noisy baby on our hands. He is fairly mellow right now but often cries just to be held. I feel like he does it more than Noelle did. Anyway, on to the noisy part. Little Michael just grunts and squeeks so much. He's always making noises and sometimes it's so funny and sometimes sad because I don't know if some of the noises suggests that he is sad or uncomfortable. When he wants to be in a certain position is when he makes the most noise. Or when I wrap him up tight to go to sleep, he grunts like you wouldn't believe just to try to get his arms free. He's pretty good at it too. Unless I really concentrate and wrap him up tight like a mummy. I thought Noelle liked to try to wiggle free but he does it much more. Right now he is in a bassinet by my side of the bed and keeps me up even when he's not eating. Michael (the husband) of course sleeps right through it all. He probably won't be staying in our room as long as I thought he would. I never realized this with Noelle but Mikey (this is what some people call him) hates to get his diaper changed. Unless he is completely content he just cries through the whole thing, poor little guy. Maybe it's a boy thing. And right now he doesn't like getting a bath, I think it's because he get's kind of cold. I hope that changes. But he is so sweet and just likes to cuddle. He also likes to just look around and move his head whenever he gets the chance. We have to really watch him or he'll fall out of our arms cause he's trying to move his head so much. I'm looking forward to him watching and following Noelle around all day. Noelle just gets sweeter with him every day and I love to see and hear her express her love and concern for him. She hates it when I try to clean out his nose and often starts crying when he starts crying (he's been congested a little since he was born, which makes it very hard to eat and breathe sometimes).

I'm feeling great and starting to get the hang of things. Juggling two kids is quite the task and I don't know how people have a clean house. I hate housekeeping anyway, but to even find the time right now is so hard. Michael is starting school next week! Yay! It's been quite the long road to get to this point of him starting school again. We didn't have a very good experience with the last school and we feel really good about how things are working out now. I'm very proud of him and all he does for our family. He'll be working full time and going to school full time and I know it's going to be a challenge for all of us. All I can say is I think we both will be really looking forward to Saturdays and Sundays. But we know we have been brought to this point in our lives for a reason and I'm so grateful and happy to be going through life with my wonderful husband.


After wiggling his arms free



I just love this picture of Noelle. She actually gave me a smile and she looks like such a big girl. I can't believe how big and smart she is getting. Where does the time go?
Noelle wanted to lay by "Baby Michael." This is what she calls him and right now and won't leave the "baby" part out.


2 comments:

Nina said...

He is so cute! I'm so sad I can't see him in person, I want to hold him so bad!! Eric was a grunter too, it makes it really hard to sleep. :) For Eric to be ok with baths for the first couple months, we had a cheap little space heater/fan we bought at wal mart; we would turn that on right before we bathed him, then we he got out I would dry him off and lay him in front of the heater (not too close of course) while I put lotion on and got him dressed. He would just veg out, he loved the warm air blowing on him. Otherwise he would just cry afterwards the whole time. Anyway, he looks so great and so does Noelle, we miss you guys so much!

Heather Thorup said...

Such adorable kids, I can't say that enough! I am so glad you are feeling better, and getting the hang of things a little more. That is great your hubby is back in school, it really is so important. Way to go for him! Michael sounds precious; my Carter hated being swaddled too. He has never minded baths or diaper changes though. Good luck with that. I know all about the little noises, we moved Carter out of our room the 2nd night.