Sunday, August 14, 2011

So sweet

I just had to share some sweet things that Noelle has done lately. Recently I was released from my primary calling, which I'm kind of sad about. Anyway, yesterday we had one last activity and I decided to bring Noelle with me even though she's in nursery. A little boy fell off of a table onto the gym floor and Noelle felt really bad for him. A few minutes later I see Noelle coloring on the floor and then this little boy walks back in to the gym with his mom, still a little upset from the fall. Noelle stops what she is doing, gets up and goes right over to this little boy and gave him a hug. It just melted my heart. Sometimes Noelle is really shy and shows no aggression to other children. When someone takes her toy she either just lets it go or crys and comes and tells me. I was like this and I sometimes wish she would fight back. But I know along with this shy, non-confrontational personality comes a very sweet and loving disposition and I am so happy Noelle is the way she is.

After we got home from the hospital a bug seemed to hit our little home. Michael got sick and so did Noelle. Luckily I really didn't get anything and neither did little Michael. Well she's been fighting this bug off and on for a few weeks now, some not so fun stomach/other issues. We were over at my parent's house last weekend and Noelle pulls one of their table chairs away from the table and sits in it. Then she says something like this "I want some medicine for my hair." It took us a minute to figure it out, but then we realized she was talking about getting a blessing. And the oil that you put on someone's head when they are sick. Right before my c-section I was given a blessing by my husband and dad and Noelle was there. I know that she has also seen other blessings given. It was just the sweetest thing. She's been feeling sick lately and decided to ask for a blessing in her own little way. Michael and my dad gave her a blessing and I kind of cried a little. I know the spirit works through these pure, sweet children and I'm so grateful for this little experience.

And I just love the next picture. Little Michael is gaining weight and lately he has been crying purely so that we pick him up and cuddle with him. He is my little cuddle bug. Noelle has been lots better this week and is always asking to hold him and if he is ok. They are so sweet together.



2 comments:

sweets said...

Out of the moth of babes. very cute!

Heather Thorup said...

I hope she feels better, what a cutie! And Michael is darling.