Thursday, January 13, 2011

1st appointment and update

Yesterday we went in for my first doctor's appointment. I was a little nervous because I was going to a new doctor but I was pretty excited too. Turns out I really like our new doctor and she is really comfortable to be around. She seems to care a lot about my concerns and addresses them. My blood pressure was a little high so she really wants to catch that early and hopefully not have a repeat of my last pregnancy. The goal is 35 weeks but I'm still hoping for longer than that, we'll see. We went and had a little ultrasound too and I was really happy about that. I didn't have an ultrasound with my last pregnancy until I was about 20 weeks so this was great. The little baby was even moving and the heartbeat was great. It made it real for me and I was just beaming. I'm right on track to what the estimated due date was, which is August 8. So I'm 10.5 weeks along. I'm looking forward to getting out of the first trimester because maybe this exhaustion will lessen a little. I've been so very tired lately.

2 comments:

sweets said...

Thats great! I'm glad you like the doc, I love that place all together.

Audra said...

I know how you feel! I am completely useless for the first 4 months because I am so tired! I seriously cannot function after 1 in the afternoon when I am pregnant! I am so excited for you and hope that everything goes smoothly for you!! As for a recipe: I make a chicken rice casserole and a hamburger and rice casserole that are well liked by Jake and Anna. If you are interested just let me know and I can email you the recipes!!