Saturday, March 26, 2011

20 weeks (almost 21)

I feel like 20 weeks is such a milestone. I've been really nervous lately and worried about things with this pregnancy. Much more than with Noelle if you can believe that. There has been a lot that has gone on around us that has contributed to my nervousness I think, not to mention my worry of having another preemie. I haven't really bought anything yet or prepared much. With all that said I actually have felt that everything will be fine, like a confirmation. Which doesn't always mean what we want it to mean. But I trust in Heavenly Father that he is watching out for our family and knows us.

Yesterday I went in for my 20 week ultra sound and appointment. Michael tried to come but couldn't get work off. I don't know if I'll ever do that again by myself. But everything went great. I love this new office I go to because I go downstairs for the ultrasound. They print me out some pictures and put together a dvd for me. Then they put together my file and give to me and I go back up to my doctor's office and have my appointment scheduled for like 15 minutes later. I love it and have a I mentioned I love my doctor. She is so fun and kind and so mindful of me. She listens and just makes me feel so comfortable. Anyway. The ultrasound went great. We still have a little boy on the way! The technician said "yeah, it's FOR SURE a boy." I'm so excited for this little guy to come. He was quite stubborn and she had a hard time getting close up of the chambers in his heart. He would move a tone, and then hold still just enough so she couldn't get what she needed. At one point he had his legs way over his head then he crossed them at his heels. Let's just say my abdomen is still suffering from how hard she pushed and prodded. It's like it's sore after a really good ab workout, but worse. He is right on track with his growth and everything is looking good. I even had awesome blood pressure. That never happens when I'm in the doctor's office. I often stress myself out too much that it always rises when I go in. But not this time. I know this isn't complete without an ultrasound photo but I'm at my parents house and can't figure out how to use their scanner. So pictures to come soon. I feel like I already know our little boy and am so excited to meet him in person!

1 comment:

Nina said...

I'm so excited to meet him too! Part of me hopes he'll come before we move so we can see him, but if he doesn't, that's great too! :) Either way, he is going to be such a cutie and Noelle will be the cutest big sister!