Sunday, January 15, 2012

Even More Christmas Festivities

Last year my mom bought this gingerbread house kit for my sister Taylor. She didn't care for it so she put it away. Well this Christmas my mom brought it out and thought Noelle would enjoy it. Well she was right. Noelle really had fun with it. And the candy wasn't even that stale ;). We started it at my parent's house and then finished it at ours. So fun. Maybe next year we will try to make ours homemade, we'll see. Thanks mom for the kit!


I still have little cousins around and my grandma has a bunch of great-grandkids so we still do a " little cousin" Christmas party. This year we ate some yummy pizza, decorated sugar cookies, played musical chairs and opened presents. I only got pictures of Noelle decorating her sugar cookie and I'm so glad I did. She really had fun with it. She was so in to it and I just let her do whatever she wanted. Everyone draws names and Noelle got a barbie and barbie purse from her second cousin Taven. She loved it!

This year we spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family. And we had tons of fun. First of all this year we decided that we were going to dress up in ugly Christmas sweaters. We went to the thrift store and couldn't find any Christmas sweaters. So we made our own. This was quite the adventure but we did it. I made four of them thank you very much. Although I just added little touches to Noelle's and Mikey's. Anyway, on to Christmas Eve. So we got there and had fun with everyone commenting on our sweaters. We took pictures and almost everyone changed their sweaters. Although I didn't get the memo that everyone was going to do that, so I walked around for a bit in mine. Then I felt awkward and changed into my lazy byu-i hoodie. We ate some yummy food and then had the annual Christmas Even program that my grandparents put on. I love this and it really brings in the Christmas spirit. Noelle was Mary in the Nativity but she refused to wear anything on her head. But I think what got her to do it was that she got to hold the "baby Jesus." It was so cute. Then my family does this crazy 12 days of Christmas. Let's just say there's a lot of noise and actions for each day and everyone is standing up and I'm not surprised that someone doesn't end up with a broken limb. But it's super fun and a tradition that's been going on for a while. Then there is the opening of the presents, which are pajamas for everyone under 18. It was such a fun night!!

Our awesome sweaters. Unfortunately you can't see three of the four that I did. I'll have to put a picture of them up later.
Noelle as Mary with the rest of the nativity.

with her second cousins and their new Christmas Eve pjs
Aunt Nina and Mikey. Mikey is such a drooler.

Christmas morning came and we actually had to wake Noelle up. Mikey was sound asleep so we didn't even bother him. This year was so fun for Noelle. And we loved it. We just couldn't wait to see Noelle's face. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Noelle opening up presents at our house but that's okay because I really enjoyed being a part that morning with her and Michael. Mikey has really been enjoying his new toys as he's been so much more into everything. Before we headed out we got to skype with Michael's mom, dad and sister. So grateful for skype. We all sure got spoiled by them. Noelle had so much fun opening her presents from them and seeing them. Later we went to my parents and spent all day there. And again we were spoiled by my family as well and Noelle loved opening her presents from everyone. It was such a great day! I know it's late but I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

"Damin" Fullmer reading with Noelle and Eric

No comments: