Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Christmas

I got a little ambitious this Christmas. I don't regret doing any of these projects at all I just wish I would have started earlier so I didn't have to work on them up until the day before Christmas Eve. Noelle sure loved them and that made it worth it.

Princess Felt Mat.This was way fun to do. A friend and I had a craft night once a week and worked on it. It took a while but probably wouldn't have if we didn't talk and watch tv. It was fun!

the tutu I made Noelle. Wish I would have done darker, brighter colors but oh well. You live and learn right? She needed a tutu.

We did not make this from scratch. This used to be my old cabinet/cupboard when I was a little girl. My Grandpa O'driscoll made it for me and it's been in my parent's basement for a while. I was really excited that it was there and really wanted to redo it for Noelle. This is how it turned out. It's a little tall for Noelle but she still likes it and it will last her for a while. I love that Noelle is playing with something that I did as a child.

I made two of these watches. One for my mother-in-law and one for my mom. It took a while (those tiny, deceptive beads). But I liked how it turned out. Although the morning I gave it to my mom, it broke. So I guess I have to figure out how to make it a little more durable.

No comments: