Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Update

I am currently 19 weeks and doing great. Some of you know about the blood pressure problem that I was having but my doctor put me on some medicine and it's lowered tremendously.

I've never had a migraine before being pregnant but about a month ago I had a really bad one and got really sick. My doctor told me to go to the hospital if I had any more so about 2 weeks ago I had another one and went to the emergency room. I really don't like to go unless I absolutely have to, but my wonderful husband convinced me to go and pretty much was like "It's better to be safe than sorry." Which I do agree with, especially when it comes to being pregnant. I went in and they did a few tests and gave me an iv with some medicine that made me even more nauseated, tired and loopy. But the end result was good and nothing was wrong which I was grateful about. I love my husband for taking such good care of me and putting me above his own sleep and rest. We didn't get home from the hospital until about 3:30am in the morning.

The baby's heart beat is about average and giving me no insight into whether it's a girl or a boy. But we do get to go in on August 5th to find out and we're so excited! I am really starting to feel pregnant now and am starting to feel the baby move. It's the neatest feeling. Michael is getting so excited and says hi to the baby every morning, which I think is so cute. I'm so excited to be a mom and I can't wait to get to know my little boy or girl! More updates to come…

No comments: