Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby, blood pressure, etc.

So my blood pressure was way up the last time I went to the doctor. He put me on a higher dosage of the current medicine I was taking. Of course I asked him if it was safe. What was I thinking? He is an expert on women issues, babies and the medicines that they can and cannot have. It’s totally safe. But if it gets worse he will try another medicine and if that doesn’t work I will have to go on bed rest. I’m not looking forward to that option but I will do whatever to keep our baby safe and healthy, which means keeping me safe and healthy. I’m frustrated with the high blood pressure but my doctor said this just may be how my body reacts to pregnancy. But I’m feeling good and getting bigger. I’m 22 weeks, so a little over half way. I know I’ve come a long way, but it sometimes still feels like December 22 is forever away. I’m sure enjoying the maternity clothes. They are so comfortable. I never thought I would say that :). We’re getting so excited to have a little girl in our lives. I feel her move a lot and Michael finally felt her kick last night. This was the first time he felt her and he was so happy. Things are going great!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Isn't it awesome when your husband can finally feel the baby??! It is so exciting! I miss ya linz a ton, and think about you all the time! Did you get my package?? I hope you take it easy and stop stressing about things :) It will help your blood pressure drop! If you need anything or have any questions I would love to chat!!