Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5k!!!

Last Saturday was my 5k and I did pretty good! I ran the whole way and it took me 39 minutes. It was a good time for me, being a first time runner and all. It was wet and rainy but being their at the event was so fun. It was called the JUDGESRUN 5k- fun run and walk and it was for breast cancer. It was cool to be a part of it. It didn't really rain during the race but the ground was wet. This didn't really matter on the sidewalk but it did on the muddy grassy areas we had to run. Some of the hills were pretty big and I didn't prepare for that at all. But I kept running and finished and it felt so good. Thank you to my sister, Taylor, for running with me. She was ahead of me and won first place in her age group! Go Tay!! Also I have a wonderful husband who has kept pushing me and a great family full of support. This week I haven't been running as much and my body has just been craving it. I never thought I would say that. It feels good to accomplish something that was so hard and I know running has helped me to be healthier as well.

Before the race started

Starting the race

Right after I crossed the finish line


2 comments:

Nina said...

Good job Linz, you are amazing!! And you look so great!

Brittany Crane said...

Congrats Linds! That is a great time! I'm sad we don't live close enough to be running partners. That would be awesome!