Thursday, June 3, 2010

accomplishing something hard

Because this is my blog I decided I have the right to be proud of myself and write about it. I ran 3.1 miles today without stopping and I wasn't even out of breath :). This is a big deal considering the history me and running have together. I have never done this in my entire life and I did it and it felt so good. I met an old man today on the trail I was running. He was pretty old and on roller-blades. It was awesome. He gave me some words of encouragement and it really helped me to finish. Not to mention I have an amazing husband who believes in me and an amazing family. I've been working on this goal for a while now and it felt so good. It is something sooooooo hard for me and I did it. Other things have been hard and I just can't seem to reach those goals but this one I did. Maybe I can reach those goals after all. I just need to have more patience, reach further than I think I can and not be so dang hard on myself. I have to add that I am running my first official 5k a week from this Saturday with my sister and I now feel confident about it. Good day.

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Wahoo! You go girl, that's awesome. Good luck on your 5k. You're gonna tear it up.

Audra said...

WAY TO GO!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment! I think you would be really surprised at how many people can't run that at all!!

Brittney said...

AWESOME!!!!!!