Thursday, June 4, 2009

6 mm

We went to the physical therapist today and Noelle's head had improved so much. When we went in two weeks ago they measured her head and between the two sides there was a difference of 15 millimeters. The normal is 3 or 4 millimeters. So this was a lot. The worst the therapist had seen was 17 millimeters. Well last week it only went down to 14 millimeters. And this week after all of the exercises and trying to get her to lay on her left side she went down to 9 millimeters. So in total she has gone down 6 millimeters! She said it's the most she has seen anyone improve in one week. We're so happy about this because if she keeps improving like this she won't need a helmet. I went in to the therapist today prepared to hear that she would need a helmet. I almost cried I was so happy. We had been praying so hard. Just wanted to share. Very good day. This was Noelle a few days after she came home from the hospital. A little over 5 weeks old and around 4lbs.
This is Noelle at 7 months and probably around 17lbs or more. Look at how much she has grown!

Look at the difference. Tiny little hands.
I'm not trying to brag, I'm just proud of how far she has come. She has just been through a lot and I'm grateful for the little things that have lead to this point.
We all had a long day today and at around 9:30 I found these two like this. So sweet.


Noelle giggling. Sorry it's dark.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah for you Noelle! That is so awesome that she is improving so quickly. She has come a long way, she has proved that she is a fighter. Isn't amazing how strong this tiny little babies can be (and how quickly they grow)!

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

How sweet she is, I'm so glad she is doing well:)

maseysblog said...

Hi Mrs. Pheil,
Its masey from Fox Hollow! Hey i was just wondering how you know Devin and Lynette Bird. They are my moms friends too! You also know Brittany Sedgwick and she lives on my street! I think thats crazy! Anyway, just either comment on my blog or on yours... I will check them both often!
~Masey~

maseysblog said...

Thats cool about them. My mom saw it on Brittany's blog and Lynettes blog that they knew you so I thought I would ask. My mom has already had him and his name is hudson. He was born on april 20th so he is about 7 weeks I think. Anyway... I am doing very good! Noelle is sooooo cute! I miss you!
~Masey~