Friday, June 12, 2009

Pre-Surgery info

(Because I know all of you care so much about this :) ) So this coming Monday Noelle has to have surgery to get this angioma removed from her back. What I understand an angioma to be is a benign tumor that is made up of small blood vessels. Not a huge thing to worry about medically but it's about the size of a marble and just seems to keep growing. It doesn't seem to bug her too much yet unless we accidentally move it somehow. I'm glad that it hasn't bugged her a whole lot but I know that when she gets a little older it will. I will spare all of you the pictures because it's really kinda gross. I'm just looking forward to it not being there anymore. Although I'm not really looking forward to taking care of the stitches and how she will react to that. Did I mention she has to fast before as well. Oh I hope the surgery is early in the morning for everyone's sake. Okay so it's not major surgery but Noelle has to go on the operating table to get it taken off and I can't be with her. It's more of a big deal to me than her. My sister-in-law Nina told me that you can hold her to a certain point, walk her to the doors with the doctors, and then they take her away. I'm glad she told me this so I can try and prepare, but I think I'm going to cry. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Good luck. I hope everything goes well. It's ok to cry when they take her in. I think I would have to be sedated if one of my kids had to have surgery of any kind. I don't deal well with that stuff.

Mark and Teandra said...

We send you our love! I hope everything goes well too. Noelle is a really strong little girl, she will be ok :o) Lots of hugs and loves for you all *hug*

Nina said...

I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't freak you out and make you sad! I feel bad! But I'm sure everything will go great and we'll be saying an extra prayer for Noelle that the surgery will go well and she'll heal quickly. We love you guys!

Brittany Crane said...

Good luck Linds. I feel for you that would be so sad. My little brother had the same thing on the back of his neck. He had his removed as well and you can barely see the scar.