Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just not herself

Since Noelle's surgery last Monday I have come to feel how truly exhausting being a mom sometimes is. I'm not complaining I'm just stating how I feel. Noelle's surgery went well and the day following was pretty good also. But since then here are the things that have happened that have truly worn me out emotionally and physically (if they have worn me out I can't imagine how Noelle feels):

~Noelle has been very fussy and ornery
~she had a fever that's been off and on
~she threw up everything after giving her a very necessary dose of Motrin
~Her cough and runny nose have continued
~the worst case of diaper rash-i cried as i was changing her diaper a few times
~sleeping schedule has been thrown off
~her eating schedule is totally off
~She just hasn't been her normal, happy, active self.
~She went to see a plastic surgeon about her head and we found out that she would need a helmet.
~We went and saw the orthotic doctor (helmet guy) and he scanned her head for the helmet. You know your child doesn't like to be messed with when it takes you, the doctor and the nurse just to get her to hold still through a 2 second head scan.
~Went and saw a pediatrician who stuffed instruments in her ears and throat to see what was wrong, just to get told that most of her symptoms are probably because she is teething. Dang teething.

I feel so sad at how I imagine Noelle is feeling. She can't tell me anything, all she can do is cry and I'm sure it's frustrating to her when she's trying to say "my bottom hurts" but I'm attempting to give her a bottle. She is doing better today and smiling more and this just makes my heart jump for joy. I'm so glad that I've been able to be with her to take care of her. I'm always worried about her but I guess that's normal. I've been told that the worrying never ends. I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything even the exhausting, hard things. So all I can say is bring on the worrying!

2 comments:

Brittany Crane said...

Linds Hallie has been teething too. I HATE it!! We have not slept right in weeks. I feel like as soon as she gets one tooth another starts. AHHHH.

Poor Noelle! She is quite the trooper for everything that she has had to go through in her life so far. Man life is rough! I remember thinking that Hallie probably missed Heaven because earth was so hard.

Hang in there! You are an inspiration to me!

Audra said...

I am totally with you. It took six weeks for us to figure out that Anna was lactose intolerant. She cried all day and nothing helped. I felt utterly useless. It was the few good minutes each day that made it bearable. I think if I told you it would get better I would be lying, but it will get easier and you will learn to adapt!