Monday, June 1, 2009

Breakthrough

I just have to share with everyone, that Noelle has slept 8 + hours straight for three nights in a row. I've seriously been praying for this because we have had a hard few days with Noelle sleeping and being kind of ornery. Sometime during the night she turns to sleep on her stomach. I try to turn her back over when I catch it but I can't all of the time. Is it okay that she is sleeping on her stomach at this age? Anyway, I am so glad and actually feel rested for the first time in a very long time. Let's hope that it lasts a little longer than these three days.

6 comments:

Audra said...

I would think it is okay. Jacob slept on his belly. I just made sure that there was only the bare minimum in the crib with him and made sure that the bedding he layed on wasn't really cushy so his face couldn't get stuck in there. I would say if she's flipping herself over, let her rip!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on getting sleep. I've heard that as long as babies can flip over themselves, its fine for them to be on their tummies.

Brittany Crane said...

Hallie only sleeps on her belly. As long as they can control their head and so they don't sufficate I think it's okay. Like I said Hallie only sleeps on her belly.

Congrats! That is a breakthrough!

Ashley Bennion said...

I panicked when Beau started doing this and kept trying to go turn him back over so I asked his dr at his next appt. My pediatrician says if they position themselves that way to let them be. He didn't recommend putting them down that way but if they roll over let them be if they can breathe easily and don't have too much stuff in the crib. :)

Cassie said...

Yea!!! That is a huge breakthrough and it makes a world of a difference when they start to sleep better. I remember with Hallie we finally had to let her cry it out 3 nights in a row and now we haven't had any problems with her sleeping. I agree with you friend "discount divas" if they roll on their tummy there isn't much you can do, but just lay her down on her back.

Brittney said...

YAY that you are getting some sleep! I think it is fine if she rolls over. My nephew who is 4 months old only sleeps on his tummy.