Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Post-Surgery Update

So Monday was the big surgery day. Noelle was not able to eat anything after midnight except water, apple juice, or pedialyte. And then after 5 am she couldn't have anything. Thank goodness she slept all the way to the hospital. My mom came with me because Michael had to work, which I was so grateful for. We had to check in at 6:45am and surgery was at around 8:15am. Towards the end of the wait she was getting a little fussy, a hungry fussy. Then we had to walk her back to the doors and the anesthesiologist took her away quickly, which I was grateful for. The surgery was really fast and when it was all over I got to go see her. She was totally out of it. She had an iv in her foot. We went into another room that looked like the NICU, this brought back a lot of mixed feelings for me. There we just waited until we could take her home. They gave me a bottle of sugar water to start her on. When she woke up she was totally happy like nothing had ever happened. I was really grateful for this. We went home and since then she has felt really good. Of course I have had medicine on hand. Her stitches will dissolve soon and then she will just have a small scar. I'm actually really grateful for this experience. This little girl has made me feel things that I never knew I could.

This is Noelle is her little scrubs. They were so cute on her and I wish we could have taken them home with us.
They had to put her little hospital band around her foot.

I just had to take a picture of the open back scrubs, like a hospital gown. So funny.
Noelle and Grandma Fullmer :)
Noelle and Mom.

1 comment:

Brittany Crane said...

I'm glad she did so great. Babies are such little troopers!! Love the little hospital gown. :)