Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

It's been a great week and weekend. Even though the weather wasn't really the greatest. We had a fun time with Grandma Fullmer, Aunt Taylor and my cousin Jessie at the mall on Thursday. Thursday also marked 8 years of when my friend Jamie passed away. We went to her grave and left some roses and a note. We also went to my brother's grave and left a little Easter basket. Leaving things on my loved ones graves is really good for me. It helps me to feel closer to them and helps me to remember good memories. It was an emotional day but the spirit was really strong. I'm so grateful for the Savior and His life and resurrection. It really hit me today and I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that I will see those that I love again someday. I'm so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I didn't get to watch as much general conference as I would have liked but what I watched I enjoyed and the spirit testified of important truths to me.

Friday we had a fun play date with a friend of mine from high school and her two girls. It was a lot of fun and it was really good for Noelle (and me). Saturday Noelle did her first Easter egg hunt with my dad's side of the family. It was a little cold and windy and she really didn't know what to think at first. Then she got the hang of it (a little) and picked up some of her eggs that we hid around my Grandparents yard.

I'm just grateful for all the blessings I have and how my life has turned out. Things couldn't be better!

With all the kids doing the Easter egg hunt
Attempting to have fun during the cold, windy hunt. Yes, she has a toothbrush in her hand-this is one way we can keep her happy when she is fussy.
More eggs
She got some sun glasses, a long necklace and some bracelets for Easter from Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer.
My parent's dog, Lucy. Noelle loves giving the dogs kisses. I don't know how I feel about this.
She loves to get on this chair and rock back and forth.
Her cute, yellow rain coat!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm so glad that you were able to do that for Jamie and your brother. I know it is a hard time of year for you but you are so brave Linz! I am so impressed with you. I am glad you had a Happy Easter with your family! Love ya!!