Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Did I really do that?

So today I had an "I'm a bad mother" moment. Now I know I'm a good mother and I love being a mother. It's just one of those moments that you look back and say "Did I really do that?" or "Can't I go back just a few seconds and change that?" You'll understand why. Our car door doesn't have automatic locks so I'm so used to locking the door by hand. Me and Noelle came out of Subway and I put her in the carseat. Normally before I shut and lock her door I will leave my door open or check to make sure my door is unlocked. Well I forgot this time. That's right, I locked my daughter in the car with my keys on the drivers seat. The first thought going through my head was "How am I going to break the window?" I was seriously looking around to find a rock on the ground or thinking to myself if I was strong enough to break it with my hand. I was a little loopy apparently. I call Michael he gets me the number of our emergency roadside assistance and they hook me up with a locksmith. They couldn't get there for another twenty minutes so I call my mom to help me keep Noelle entertained. Luckily it wasn't a hot day. For being in a car by herself she did really well. She cried a little and had some tears, which really broke my heart. But we would sing "The itsy bitsy spider" or "Popcorn popping" and she would do some of the actions with us inside the car. Poor girl didn't know what was happening. I'm sure we were quite the attraction doing these songs outside. We didn't care though. Help came and rescued my daughter. Today I'm very grateful for my cell phone and locksmiths. I'm not trying to make light of the situation, it was very scary and sad for me. Anyway. What a day. That's one for the story books.

1 comment:

Brittany Crane said...

Oh man Linds that is scary!! I'm glad it wasn't a hot day and that you had your cell phone. I totally would have thought of breaking the window first thing too. (Ben would have killed me if I did) I'm glad that it all worked out.