Tuesday, April 5, 2011

nothing much

Not much is going on with us lately. So this is a pretty random post. Noelle is cute and learning and growing a lot. She's playing with friends and being more social, so am I. Well I'm trying to be. Last week we went to the library near us and they have this little thing called "Baby, toddler and me." You go into this room with your kids and a lady is there and she sings songs, reads and plays with your children. It's so much fun. Noelle took a bit to warm up but she loved it. She's still a little shy when she is unsure about things but when the lady brought out the toys Noelle just started playing and joining in. This makes me very happy because I was SUCH a shy child. I mean like painfully shy. Noelle is shy when she is unsure about things but then usually just starts to play after a while. She doesn't mind when others take away her toy or push her a little. I'm sure one day she will. But I DO MIND. This doesn't make me a very happy mom when other children are acting this way towards mine and their parents do nothing about it. But that's another story.

This past weekend as we tried to watch General Conference something funny happened. At the end of one of the sessions someone started to say the closing prayer. I didn't fold my arms right away but Noelle did and she looked at me and said "fold arms." So I smiled and listened to her. It was so cute and I was a little humbled by my 2 year old. I'm happy to know that she is learning something from us and I learn something from her every day. I really enjoyed conference and am again reminded of how much I have to be grateful for. How grateful I am that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I'm grateful for my testimony and for my wonderful family.

Noelle is still loving her stuffed animals and cuddling with them. Her new thing to say is "ohhhh (something inserted here) so so cute." For example "ohhhh baby, so so cute." That's usually when she refers to her little cousin Eric. Speaking of Eric, next week we get to start watching him once a week. Yay! I'm so excited to watch and hold this cute little guy. We got to see him this weekend and I couldn't get enough of him. He has the cutest smiles and makes the cutest noises. Plus it will give me some practice on how to change baby boys diapers and I think will help Noelle get used to having a baby around.

Pregnancy update: Nothing super exciting. I'm 22 weeks along and I'm feeling very tired again lately. Doing things has just taken a lot out of me. Our little Michael is moving a lot and I love that. I'm pretty sure he is pretty low. I'm sure showing a lot more than last pregnancy. I feel like I look 10 weeks bigger than I actually am. That's okay and doesn't both me (usually). My back (and the rest of my body for that matter) is aching a lot and I have heart burn at different times throughout the day. Some days I sleep well, others I don't. But my blood pressure has been great and that is what I am most grateful for. That's a good sign that maybe I won't have preeclampsia again, we will see. I actually haven't felt as stressed lately. That has made a difference for sure.

I haven't been very good at taking pictures lately. I think it's just laziness. And I'm kind of ashamed of it. My mom reminded me that I need to start being good at it again because she doesn't have very many pictures of Noelle. I realized she was right. There were some cute pictures taken over the weekend by people other than myself and when I get those from them I'll put them on here. For now these are the most recent pictures I have taken.

One day Noelle just got this blanket and just laid down on the couch. It's probably because she has seen me do this a lot lately. I've been tired again and as embarrassing it is to say that I have been doing this a lot, it is the truth.
We took a very long walk one day last week when it was nice weather. We haven't taken a long walk like that since last summer/fall so it wore both of us out. This is what Noelle did afterward. She took a nice, long nap that day.
This last Sunday it snowed a lot here. And after Noelle looked out the window she went and got all of this winter stuff to put on.

Outside our apartment the day it snowed. A couple days before the blossoms came out on the trees. I shouldn't be surprised that it snowed in April. It does every year here. I was just hoping that the nice weather was going to stay and we weren't going to have any more snow.

1 comment:

Nina said...

What a cutie! I love that she wears her pink belt with her snow outfit. :)