Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby and other news

Baby News:
I'm 28 weeks today. Part of me is breathing a little sigh of relief while the other part is getting nervous and scared. Last pregnancy in about a week or so my blood pressure started to rise. At 30 weeks we had an ultrasound and Noelle was growing a little behind schedule. At 31 weeks I had to go on full bed rest and I started to get protein in my urine. And at 32 weeks the protein level was extremely high and dangerous and I had preeclampsia. On that same day Noelle was born via emergency c-section all within a few hours of finding all this information out. So yeah, I'm a little nervous. If things went how they did last time I will have a baby boy in the NICU in 4 weeks. I have to say that I thought about all of this today and just started crying. A lot of feelings and emotions were brought to the surface and I just couldn't hold it in. I don't think things will go the same way but you never know. And if anyone knows me really well I am a worrier. But I've been pretty calm this pregnancy so far, it just hit me today. We've prayed A LOT over this and we know that whatever happens is according to Heavenly Father's will and he'll take care of our family. On a more positive note: My glucose test went great and I'm not even close to having gestational diabetes or being anemic. My blood pressure the other day was wonderful and my doctor is very positive about everything. Last week I went to a prenatal water aerobics class and it felt so good and I should be getting a professional massage this week or next. Yay! Baby Michael is moving a ton and it brings me so much joy to see and feel him moving. I've grown really attached to this little guy. And I really hope that things will be different this time.

Other news:
I'm not trying to get any sympathy but maybe letting others know will be a way of getting some job help. About a week and a half ago Michael lost his job. It's a very long story. In short Michael has been with this company for about 2 years and it started out great. He started off with one job and about 6 months later he was promoted to an engineering type of job. He had that job for over a year and there were no problems until recently and it was just time to leave. So that has been a little hard on us. And I've been worrying a little about insurance stuff. Michael has been non-stop applying for jobs and he's been going to different workshops that the church offers. The good news is, just today Michael set up two interviews for this week. Even if nothing happens from them at least he knows his efforts are paying off. We know that we'll be taken care of because we have been doing all the right things spiritually. It just takes some faith and patience, which I am again trying to get more of.

Last week was a rough one and this week started our hard as well. However I feel very blessed to have what I have in my life. A wonderful, dedicated, loving husband who loves us and Heavenly Father. A bright and beautiful daughter who really is the light of my world. An extended family who are so supportive and who I love so much. A testimony of the true church of Jesus Christ. My list could go on, but what I just wanted to express is how grateful I am for a mindful and loving Father in Heaven. I found a dove wrapper that has been in my wallet for quite sometime. I forgot about it but Michael found it this morning and showed it to me and it says "Count your blessings, not your worries." So again I'm trying to do that, because I really have so many.

And today is my brother Eric's birthday. He would be 21 today. Happy Birthday bud! We love and miss you so much and I wish I could give you a great big hug today. Love you!!!
And some random pictures

This is a funny one of Noelle but notice that flower in her hair, well she has loved putting flowers and bows in her hair lately. She is very good when I do her hair anyway. She just sits still almost the whole time but lately she has just been so excited when I tell her I'm going to do her hair. She insists on picking out a flower or bow lots of the time as well. And this morning after she got dressed she even said to me "do my hair, mommy." :)
We went on a picnic a little while ago with Tanner, Nina, baby Eric and Alyson and we had so much fun. It was a perfect day to fly a kite and Tanner and Nina got her one. She was very curious about it and she even held it for a little bit, but it didn't last that long. Uncle Tanner does so many fun things with Noelle, it's so cute.
Goofy one of Michael wouldn't you say? Those two are always dancing together and Noelle LOVES it.
Noelle has been waking up a lot earlier lately and it's been a little frustrating. But this also means she will take an excellent nap. Well this was her today after some playing, watching tv, and a visit to the library. She was exhausted.

2 comments:

sweets said...

wow a lot going on. we will keep you in our prays.

Heather Thorup said...

I hope for you that your pregnancy continues to go well. That he won't come until at least 37 weeks or so. Fingers crossed...and sorry about Michael losing his job! I hope it works out soon for you guys. Noelle is adorable as ever!!