Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One of those "what just happened?" moments

So we've been pretty exhausted today. Last night Noelle woke up with the croup and it wasn't a very restful night for any of us. I was up at 6:30am with Noelle. And then later we went to the doctor. She's feeling much better but has been very moody and tired. Noelle went down for a nap around 1:00 and soon after that I fell asleep and then Michael did as well. Earlier that day I had called my doctor's office to make sure it was okay with her that I got a massage, because I'm a little high risk. As usual no one answered so I just left a message for the nurse. Well during our nap when both of us were asleep I got that call back from the doctor's office. I remember Michael handing me my phone and I remember the nurse talking and (I think) telling me it was perfectly okay to go get the massage. But I have no idea what I said. I remember saying something but I couldn't tell you what it was. I was pretty out of it. I've done this a couple of times with friends and family and afterward I'm always surprised to learn that I actually made sense or had a conversation with them. Lets hope I did with the nurse. If not she probably just laughed to herself and hopefully remembered that my memory is a little mixed up due to me growing another human being. Michael and I both had a good laugh, which is something we needed after a very long, hard and emotional day for both of us.

No comments: