Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend

We really needed this past weekend. The week was just a mixture of emotions and the gloominess of the rain didn't help. Although we love when it rains we really needed some sunshine. So thankfully Saturday had some sunshine and we took advantage of it. First off I was able to go get a prenatal massage Saturday morning. Michael got this for me for Mother's Day . Months before though I had mentioned what I had wanted and referred him to a few different websites. He got the hint ;). It was an hour long and was wonderful. The first thing to make it that way was that I got to lay on my stomach. They had these cushion things propped up so it supports a pregnant belly very well. And it did a great job. I could hardly even feel that I was pregnant. Which is saying a lot because I am constantly feeling aches and pains and the weight of my pregnant stomach. It relieved a lot of built up tension and afterward I felt relaxed and not sore at all. Have I mentioned how I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again? This is my sleeping position of choice and I very much miss it. But I'm willing to wait as long as I need to to get this little guy here safely.

So anyway, later that day we went to wheeler farm and had a picnic. Afterward we went to feed the ducks but they weren't very fun. I think they get very spoiled there. There were almost as many seagulls in the pond as there were ducks. Then we went to see the rest of the farm animals. Noelle kept wanting to go see the pigs but they were hiding in their little pens. On our way out we saw that they were giving pony rides. At first Noelle didn't want to ride them but as we were leaving she said "I want to ride the horsies." So we went back and she got her little ride. I think she liked it.


After Noelle's nap we went to Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer's and she helped them do a little yard work. Well mostly she was just a distraction. We have to go over to their house later in the day or else they never get anything done :).

She has this little wheelbarrow there and we try to get her to push it around. But I think it's just easier for her to carry it :)

It was nice to get away from our apartment. We have a good amount of space but it's just nice to be away from all the things we had been doing all week. Noelle definitely needed a break. Plus the apartment is kind of a mess as we're trying to organize better and get things ready for baby Michael.

No comments: