Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Michael is really hard to buy for sometimes. So buying a Father's Day gift wasn't much fun this year. We went to Target yesterday and he picked something out that he wanted. I really had no clue, but I wish I could have been more creative. I usually look forward to making him breakfast in bed on this day but for certain reasons we actually stayed the night at my parent's house. My sister Taylor made my dad breakfast in bed and she made extras, which was very sweet of her. But because we were there I wasn't able to follow through with my plans of making Michael breakfast. Noelle woke up a couple times in the middle of the night and Michael kept soothing her and convincing her to go back to sleep.

Like I've said before I sure am more uncomfortable than I was last pregnancy. All day I was super tired, my back was killing me and I was emotional. I really tried not to be because of Father's Day but you can only control so much. He was just sweet and patient as usual. Noelle is still in diapers and Michael took that over today as well. It is so hard for me to get up and down off of the floor and usually I don't even want to try. He helps me up when I feel like I can't on my own. He was jobless for a little over 5 weeks and has had a large amount of stress placed upon him. He deals with Noelle's whining much better than I do right now. And even with all of this he is still so loving to Noelle and I and treats me like a queen. I wish I could have made his Father's Day better. I wish I could have given him a little break. But being the wonderful man that he is Michael said to me today with a smile "You don't take a break from being a dad." The card that I got for him said this:

front: Happy Father's Day, Honey! Today belongs to you.
inside: No, really. 364 days are plenty for me.

I thought it was so funny but Michael really has been so wonderful and has always put me and Noelle first.

I just love him so much and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I'm so grateful to go through this life with him and all eternity. He is a wonderful Father and a day doesn't go by that he doesn't express his love to Noelle and I. Michael, We are so lucky to have you in our life! I can't express how much I love you and I can just see it by the way Noelle is with you that she feels the same. Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

He sounds like a wonderful father and husband. You are a lucky lady! I'm sure you are uncomfortable, but you will look back one day and enjoy the memories. I miss being pregnant some days, I think most women do. So enjoy it!:)