Thursday, June 16, 2011

my big girl

Lately two of Noelle's favorite songs just happen to be church songs. In nursery she has been learning "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" and she just loves singing it and doing the actions. One she has liked for a while is "The temple song" (this is what she calls it). She sings this song so cute and I can't believe that I haven't gotten it on video yet. Hopefully she'll let me get it soon. It makes me very happy and proud to hear her learn and like these primary songs. Of course the nursery leaders are doing a wonderful job but it also helps me to realize that as parents we are doing a good job also. The other morning before I woke up Michael told me that Noelle went and got the scriptures and said to him "I want read scriptures daddy." This has been something we have really worked on as a family, to read every day together. We haven't done perfectly but we've done a pretty good job. And I really can feel the spirit in our home as we've done this together. And it just makes me happy to know that Noelle is remembering and getting something out of it.

She is just getting to be such a big girl too. She is just picking up everything and is so observant. She sings along to songs on her favorite shows and movies. And I love when Noelle says things like "I like this song" or "It's kinda spicey." This is when something is too hot or has a different flavor. She says that about her toothpaste sometimes. And lately she tells me that baby Michael is taking a nap and she'll say "oooh I love you baby Michael" and hug and kiss my belly. I just love it. Along with all this big girl stuff she is also getting a little more whiny and has more attitude. But that's okay and we deal with it when it comes along. She is such a big helper. When Michael or I ask her to put something away she usually does it without question. I'm only hoping that this will last into more of her childhood. We'll see. I'm just grateful for Noelle in my life. When things seem so hard and I just want to be down she helps me to feel happy. I can't fake it around her. She is just the light of my life and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father to be her mother.

Noelle loves to dress up and be silly (just like her dad). This is her raincoat from last year. And even though it's way small on her I can't put it away cause she loves to put it on. She's also really good lately at letting me take pictures.

Last week we watched cousin Eric and Noelle wanted to take a picture with him. I think watching him has helped her a little to get used to having a baby around.

I know I have a lot of pictures of her sleeping on the couch, but I think they are so cute. This was after a very long walk and swimming. She was exhausted.

Being silly again like her daddy. Funny thing is Michael had this same stuff on just minutes before.


Baby update: I made it past 32 weeks! Monday marked that day and I was just a little anxious. But the day came and went and no high blood pressure. I went to the doctor yesterday for another ultra sound and non-stress test and it went great. He's actually measuring 6 days ahead, which instead of 32 weeks I guess I'm 33 weeks. And he's grown, because his estimated weight is 4lbs 15oz, ALREADY. I can't even believe that. He's almost 5lbs. Last pregnancy I was far from carrying a 5lb baby, but I'm so grateful that he is growing and is healthy.
Here are some things I'm experiencing at this point in my pregnancy: Still having cravings. My latest: nacho cheese doritos. I can't get enough of them. I don't know why but they are delicious to me. Another one is fruit. Especially strawberries. My appetite has certainly increased so I've really got to watch it. I'm still hating to touch any type of raw meat. I'll do it if Michael isn't around but if he is you won't find me near it. I'm a sweat machine. I'll get all ready for the day and then do Noelle's hair and by the end of doing it I'm sweating and have to blow dry my hair again, gross. I sleep with a fan on me all night because if I don't my night is even more miserable. You've all heard this but my body is aching everywhere, all the time. I've been fairly active though and go on walks and do water aerobics. Swimming is my favorite activity to do while I'm pregnant. It's probably because I feel so light. Anyway, that's enough for today. We'll see how big our little Michael is by the end of next week, I'm really excited to find out.

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

That's great he is doing so well! 5 lbs is a good size, I hope he keeps it up:) Noelle is absolutely a doll, she is so adorable! You are lucky to have such a cute girl.