Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just for fun and other info

We've been very busy this week. It was kind of nice at first until today hit and we just got worn out. I didn't mention that Michael started a new job last week which has made his days a little more exhausting than normal. It's not a lot but it is something and we are very grateful for that. He's training for it right now and so he works the night shift. It's been different and a little bit of an adjustment for all of us, but so far it's been a good experience. Other than that not much has been going on. We're getting ready for our little boy to come. It's less than 4 weeks away and I have so much to do. I really want to get it done, in fact all I talk about these days with Michael is baby this and baby that. I just don't have very much energy right now and can't move around very fast. So we're just taking it one day at a time and I'm learning to not stress over what I can't control. Hopefully all that needs to get done will get done by the time he is here.

Monday we went to Liberty park. This is the greatest park. I didn't really know how cool it was until I went last year with my sister-in-law Nina and Noelle. There is a little splash pad but Noelle is very hesitant to just run through water squirting up from the ground for some reason. Michael ran through some of it while holding her and she did not like that at all. Some of her hesitation may have come from there being so many big kids around. I don't mean just 4 and 5 year olds, I mean 12 and 13 year olds. Anyway, she just wanted to play on the regular park. Which again is pretty big and very fun. They also have this mini replica of some different canyons here in Utah. They fill it with clean chlorine water and you can just walk around in it and get wet. Noelle LOVED this. She just wanted to walk everywhere and loved the fountains. The park also has tons of places to sit down and have a picnic, some amusement park rides and a place to buy food and drinks and a duck pond. The heat really wore on Noelle and she was so tired by the end of our little outing (so was I). It's free and that's something that we were really happy about.

The next several pictures are from the canyon replica area. It's so cool and fun.

Up in the "bigger canyons"
just wading in the pool
Some of it seemed a bit steep and slippery for her but she wasn't at all hesitant and didn't slip once.
loved the fountains
My handsome, good sport of a husband. He pretty much walked around with her the whole time. I was kind of afraid that I might slip and fall being my clumsy, pregnant self.

Noelle doesn't really like when I vacuum. So when I do we put her chair on the couch and she just sits and watches. And sometimes afterward she'll clap for me and says "yay mommy, you did it!" :) (probably because I don't do it as often as I should)
Noelle has quite the glare. Sometimes we'll do this to each other and just laugh

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

I LOVE her glare, haha! So cute. I have been to Liberty Park, but I didn't know they had mini canyons now. How cute:) I hope you guys adjust well to the change, my hubby works 3-11pm so I know how it is.