Monday, June 6, 2011

Moab

This last weekend our little family took a road trip with my side of the family to Moab. I love this place. We went a bunch of times when we were kids and it just brings back a lot of memories for me. My dad got a condo that was so nice and we just relaxed, did Moab stuff and had fun. We needed this little vacation so bad. And although it was a little crazy with Noelle it really lifted my spirits. I shouldn't really complain about watching Noelle. Cause mostly it was everyone else watching and entertaining her. She really doesn't care about mom and dad when other people she loves are around, especially "Damin" (this is what Noelle calls Grandma). I was advised by my doctor to take it easy and drink plenty of water which is what I did. But I did get out and saw some pretty sights at Arches National Park. One of the "walks" was a little harder than I thought, and was uphill a lot of the way. I think it was called the Window Arch or Double Window Arch. But Michael stayed with me and we took our sweet time. We also went to the Sand Dune Arch which was very short and simple, but you had to walk in sand which took some balancing. Something I am not good at lately. It was a lot warmer than what I am used to which is why I think it felt harder than it was. But at the same time it was great to have nice weather. The sight seeing day really wore me out and I was so tired after that. I even got a little sick I think from the heat. My mom said something like this to me at the end of the day: "How are you going to survive any longer, you look miserable." I didn't dispute what she said. I was feeling pretty bad. Not to mention I'm feeling huge. It's just going to get warmer and I'm going to get bigger. But we had so much fun. Michael had never been and he was in heaven with his binoculars and hiking backpack (that he took everywhere). Which is so Michael-ish. It was wonderful to be away, be with family and just relax and not worry about anything. We really needed it. Thanks to all those who made it so great for us!

Just a warning, there are a lot of pictures.

We went swimming almost right when we got there. The weather was so nice. Noelle is still a little afraid of the water but she is getting used to it and always asks to go swimming.

One thing about swimming though is Noelle gets so cold afterward. Her feet get a little blue and around her lips. Uncle Tanner wrapped her up nice and tight after she got out of the pool.
The grandkids after a tiring day

a view from our condo at sunrise. I love all the red rock and mountains that are Moab.
Michael had never been to Moab and was excited to go. Everyone but me, my mom, Noelle and baby Eric hiked to the famous delicate arch.
Getting ready to see some of Moab
She was so tired from the sun and was really being a good sport about taking pictures.
Aunt Taytay and Noelle
Michael and Noelle in front of the balancing rock.
Window Arch. This was my first hike/walk. A little hard for me but I made it.
Noelle hiked all the way almost all by herself. Towards the end she needed someone to hold her though.
A view of a different arch
Aunt Aly and Noelle at the Window Arch. A little scary to have Noelle up there. Some places were kind of steep.
Michael and Noelle at the Sand Dune Arch, Noelle's favorite. She loved playing in all the sand. And for some reason thought it was funny to throw sand on people.
Running in the sand. It felt so good to sit in the sand that was shady.
Hiding her feet in the sand.
Part of the kitchen in the condo
Right outside the condo. We ate breakfast out here the last morning.
The condo. So nice! Thanks Dad!
On our way home we stopped at another place called Dead Horse Point. It was beautiful!
Noelle and Grandma Fullmer

More of the view from Dead Horse Point


And this is just one of Noelle. She took this all by herself :)

No comments: